Gopher

2014 BOX OFFICE AWARDS: Voting Due Thursday Night, Read Announcement (P.24)

And the 'most people didn't saw this movie because *insert reason*' is an excuse. Because I am pretty sure I saw Short Term 12 with some big nominations (don't saying it doesn't deserve them, just giving an example of a movie most didn't saw, or apparently they did).

Dallas Buyer's Club did not play in many areas of the country and is not out on DVD yet.Short Term 12, regardless of its theater release, came out on DVD/etc over a week before the nominations were due, allowing people egged on by rallax, Gopher, etc to check it out.

Dallas Buyer's Club did not play in many areas of the country and is not out on DVD yet.Short Term 12, regardless of its theater release, came out on DVD/etc over a week before the nominations were due, allowing people egged on by rallax, Gopher, etc to check it out.

Yes, they surely all run to rent it or buy it  :ph34r:

:rolleyes:

I have Netflix. I saw Short Term 12 via Netflix. Most of us are not like the Portuguese pirates you've talked about. 

I honestly would love to have Netflix over here. Pretty much impossible to see that happening. Shame.

Well, I saw Blue is the Warmest Color too late, would definitely made a few categories in my nominations. Especially the Supporting Actress, which was weak as hell, running on life support and reluctant choices.

• Like 3

finally got to this thread

So happy Robert & Dan & Emma made the list  :wub: thank u guys

Catching Fire and This Is the End were THIS CLOSE to getting in. Both were three points behind Rush.

another great thing abt the film! thank god no tite & cf!

& VOTE RUSH!!!!

Posted Image

too much Frozen, Gravity & JLaw in Supp was blah

but that was expected

Gravity for Production Design? What Production Design? It was all CGI. Essentially 2 Visual Effects nominations.

DOS should have totally got that but this forum obv doesnt care 4 it Edited by Tauriel

I kinda slowed down on my awards film viewing , dunno I feel like after seeing 12yas I'm ok ! I'll try to catch up this weekend on a few ...I made a cousin watch 12 and she loved it said it was not cool I didn't warn her how brutal it was , all I told her was that its a film about slavery

When's the due date for our final votes?

Please vote for the winners in each category below by FEBRUARY 13th by 11:59PM EST. The ceremony will be held on Valentine's Morn by the incomparable CoolioD1 and myself.
  • Like 1

It's with a heavy heart to tell all of you guys that I won't be hosting the Friday ceremony. I may come back next year, at least for the nominations period, but I've reached a point in my life where I just don't have much time for forum business and that does make me a little sad. I'm not going away, don't worry (not sure why you'd worry about me in the first place) but I've already cut my posting by a large number in the last few months. But I've got good news- Chewy will be hosting in my place. And he's going to do an amazing job. So here's what I ask of you: IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR BALLOT, SEND IT TO CHEWY. IF YOU'VE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR BALLOT, YOU'RE OKAY. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. Thanks and have fun on Friday!

• Like 12

Guys, it would be easier for me to make this work if we do it sometime on Saturday or Sunday (hopefully not Saturday night). Please give me a little input on what time works best for you, so we can allow as many people to participate as possible. I would like to give plenty of notice, so hopefully the time will be firmed up by Wednesday-ish.

Also please thank Gopher for all the hard work he's put into this. He's awesome, but I'm sure you all already know that

• Like 5