grim22

Best movies of 2013 (Results link in first post)

Predictions for this thread:

When a major Hollywood "low brow" audience pleaser movie makes it on the list:

Posted Image

When an indie "film du jour" shows up:

Posted Image

Generic Oscar bait:

Posted Image

When Catching Fire is #1:

Posted Image

I love these pics. AND I JUST WATCHED MEAN GIRLS. I LOVE THAT FILM SO MUCH
  • Like 1

Are you going to show how many points each movie got?

Serves no purpose TBH. A better thing to include would probably be "Number of lists the movie was on" and "Number of lists with the movie finishing in top 3" which would give a better indication than the points since I skewed the points to benefit Top 3 finishes a lot more than finishing between 4-15. The top 3 got 25 - 18 and 15 points. The next 7 were 12, 10, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2.

That way movies with a passionate but small in number fanbase can make the year end list, and movies which are well liked by everyone but don't inspire a passionate following will still make it. So basically to make the list, movies either needed broad-base support or really passionate fans. (and this will become really really clear as the list is revealed)

Edited by grim22

Man of Steel totally made it, didn't it?

For it to make best movies of 2013 and worst movies of all time would be amazing.

It may or may not have. But something else with a passionate fanbase made it against all odds (and at an unbelievably high rank) - and I didn't realize that it had as I was collating the lists until the final list was in front of me.

Edited by grim22

It may or may not have. But something else with a passionate fanbase made it against all odds - and I didn't realize that it had as I was collating the lists until the final list was in front of me.

The hobbitses voted it in, I gotcha.

Numbers doing Lord Tolkien's work.

It may or may not have. But something else with a passionate fanbase made it against all odds - and I didn't realize that it had as I was collating the lists until the final list was in front of me.

So long it's not iron Man 3, I'm fine with it. I sense Pacific Rim or Fast & Furious 6

Predictions for this thread:

When a major Hollywood "low brow" audience pleaser movie makes it on the list:

Posted Image

When an indie "film du jour" shows up:

Posted Image

Generic Oscar bait:

Posted Image

When Catching Fire is #1:

Posted Image

So very true, just look at the members who give likes to the movies like Mud and The act of killing vs those giving likes to the mainstream movies  :ph34r:   It never gets dull reading the snide comments though :)

I'm pleasantly surprised that Mud made the list. I have it at #12 of 2013, so just slightly miss out on my Top Ten.Quite surprised also that many have seen Nebraska to vote for it. Good movie.I'm guessing the overwhelming win at No.1 and 2 are Gravity and, well, not sure on #2 but Wolf of Wall Street hopefully.