Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

I didn't mean that in a serious way. I think we have pretty similar taste in film. I just mean that because you hated it so much it will be fun to see it just to see if it's really that bad.

I didn't even hate it. I just find it's weird that everyone is picking on this when it's not even the worst movie of the year so far. I would honestly watch this before I watch Jack Ryan, The Nut Job, or The Marked Ones again.

Eckhart is also a nobody.  He has never headlined a film.  They could have gotten anyone to play that role and it wouldn't cost them 3-4 mill, unless it was one of the majors, who would never be in a film like this.  My guess is Eckhart got maybe half a mill to do it.

Accept that they probably did pay him a good 3M.

He has big movies in his resume, and this is Lionsgate. Half a million? No fucking way :lol: Even Statham keeps receiving his 6M paycheck to do action movies that barely do over 20M DOM.

EDIT: JLaw received half a million to be in Hunger Games. She was a nobody. Still received more than Gal Gadot for a much less, supposedly at the time, important role, and the same as Mickey Rourke, which was a much bigger name when he was hired to do Iron Man 2.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Aaron Eckhart is quite recognizable. He headlined Battle Los Angeles, he was one of the main stars in Olympus Has Fallen and he was Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight. Lionsgate was looking for some sort of star (kinda star, a recognizable face) and they probably gave him a good paycheck.

Edited by CJohn

• Founder / Operator

I didn't even hate it. I just find it's weird that everyone is picking on this when it's not even the worst movie of the year so far. I would honestly watch this before I watch Jack Ryan, The Nut Job, or The Marked Ones again.

Well... you know why it's being picked on here. I think most are content with this being a forgettable weekend.

Edited by ShawnMR

Well... you know why it's being picked on here. I think most are content with this being a forgettable weekend.

Wake me up for SuperBowl Sunday and DAT TF4 footage. After that I can sleep until Lego.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Focus could start to push That Awkward Moment. We kinda need a movie over 15M next weekend.

That one's tough to call, IMO. It's got the teenage-appealing star power to open around $15m, but I can see it opening closer to $10m or a bit less.

• Like 1

Can we just fast forward to February 6? The whole month looks awesome. And with tons of similarities with January. Weekend before the holiday weekend sees the release of some big movies (Lone Survivor in Jan, Monuments Men and Lego in Feb), the holiday weekend sees a huge amount of new releases and will see crazy drops in theater counts for movies not released on the weekend before, and the weekend after the holiday weekend sees the release of some epic bombs (I Frankenstein (70M) in Jan, Pompeii (100M) and 3 Days to Kill (50M) in Feb). And lets not forget DAT Neeson effect at the end of the month (maybe January will end with DAT Zac Effron effect? :ph34r: ).

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Can we just fast forward to February 6? The whole month looks awesome. And with tons of similarities with January. Weekend before the holiday weekend sees the release of some big movies (Lone Survivor in Jan, Monuments Men and Lego in Feb), the holiday weekend sees a huge amount of new releases and will see crazy drops in theater counts for movies not released on the weekend before, and the weekend after the holiday weekend sees the release of some epic bombs (I Frankenstein (70M) in Jan, Pompeii (100M) and 3 Days to Kill (50M) in Feb). And lets not forget DAT Neeson effect at the end of the month (maybe January will end with DAT Zac Effron effect? :ph34r: ).

I definitely think Non-Stop is going to be another Neeson hit.

Even if Aaron Eckhart was only paid 750 K to make I Frankenstein, he still got paid more than 90 percent of Americans will in their entire lifetimes to make one crappy movie for three months of work, so even if he didn't get his franchise, I think he'll be fine. 

• Like 4