grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

I'll eat a pair of $175 mint-condition Air Jordans (not really) if this thing grosses over $75M. Even that seems to high for me. Yeah yeah I know, ScarJo...but not everything she touches is going to turn to gold. No actor has that. She proved herself with Lucy yes, but you can't just assume that since Lucy broke out that this will too. 

Tatum and Kunis (who are just as popular as Scar Jo if not more) couldn't open Jupiter, so I can't see how something thats also an unorthodox concept like GITS with Scar Jo will work either just because. Maybe this will turn out like nothing we're expecting and be a kick ass ride, but as of right now, I don't see this putting up any "blockbuster" numbers.

Yea I think it can handle Mummy's second weekend. Furious 8 won't be until it's third weekend anyways so it should play decently for those first 2 weeks. And to be honest guys,

Ghost in the Shell isn't going to be a huge moneymaker anyways.

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Universal is pleased with this. Ghost in the Shell is just two weeks before Furious 8 so I guess it will get moved to early March or pushed into a release date similar to Lucy.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Universal is pleased with this. Ghost in the Shell is just two weeks before Furious 8 so I guess it will get moved to early March or pushed into a release date similar to Lucy.

Wouldn't be surprised with an August release date since PP3 is probably getting moved up.