grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

The director is the part of the film you're worried about?

To be honest the only thing I am holding onto at this point is the fact the source material is really good and so completely fleshed out that you would have to be an outright moron to cock it up. Its got half a dozen anime movies and a few tv series so its all there it just needs to be translated to the big screen.

To be honest the only thing I am holding onto at this point is the fact the source material is really good and so completely fleshed out that you would have to be an outright moron to cock it up. Its got half a dozen anime movies and a few tv series so its all there it just needs to be translated to the big screen.

They cast ScarJo as the lead. That's already cocking it up.

I don't have a problem with her being the lead. I am very curious what costume design they will have since they cant use the original ( it just would not work in live action)

Ghost-in-the-shell-major-Motoko-batou-ta

How? She is a big action star atm and she can actually act, so you never know.

You have to be reasonable, you can't expect some unknown Asian actor to be cast in a major western production. Scarlett is an easier sell, simple as that.

• Like 1

The casting isn't racist, maybe a missed-opportunity for more diverse leads but I wouldn't say it's inherently racist. it's being adapted by a different culture. it's like calling the casting for The Departed racist because they aren't the same race they were in Infernal Affairs.

• Like 1

Over 500M WW would be a great success for such movie and open the door to sequels and a whole new sub-genre.

Would be a dream come true for me, I always wanted Hollywood to step down and get conquered by Asia.

Would depend on budget. Anything under 200M which I surely it will be than most definitely yes.

The casting isn't racist, maybe a missed-opportunity for more diverse leads but I wouldn't say it's inherently racist. it's being adapted by a different culture. it's like calling the casting for The Departed racist because they aren't the same race they were in Infernal Affairs.

SJ's character won't be called Motoko Kusanagi in this movie then?