grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

Okay, that short little featurette looks fantastic. (And I liked the obvious scene in the ET interview too.)

So now I'm getting my hopes sky high, but I have a new worry. This won't appeal to anyone who isn't already a fan of the anime.

Visually this will look great just like Snowhite and the huntsman did in the trailers. Then the movie came...yikes..then the director was caught with his pants down. I don't care about this thanks to the guy at helm. But I hope it does decent enough so that Fox can greenlit Cowboy Bebop and do a proper reboot of Dragonball and DBZ.

Edited by marveldcfox

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Visually this will look great just like Snowhite and the huntsman did in the trailers. Then the movie came...yikes..then the director was caught with his pants down. I don't care about this thanks to the guy at helm. But I hope it does decent enough so that Fox can greenlit Cowboy Bebop and do a proper reboot of Dragonball and DBZ.

DB and DBZ cannot be adapted in proper live-action movies, that's impossible.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

You really think they can make something both decent and faithful from that in a live-action film? :kitschjob:

Define faithful? I always thought that with worlds like DBZ you're better off telling an original story that is true and faithful to the characters in a movie, than trying to tell the same story again. In that sense, yes I do believe they can make a decent and faithful live-action film.

19 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I agree it simply cannot convert well to live action. DBZ was never going to be good but it should of never been that bad (it failed on every front).

I think most shounen battle shows (One Piece, Bleach, My Hero Academy, One Punch Man, DBZ, etc) just cannot work live action.

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

I agree it simply cannot convert well to live action. DBZ was never going to be good but it should of never been that bad (it failed on every front).

I think most shounen battle shows (One Piece, Bleach, My Hero Academy, One Punch Man, DBZ, etc) just cannot work live action.

One Punch Man could work if you changed it a bit to work more as a satire of American superheroes than Japanese ones

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

Bleach could work, it is grounded in the real world, there is potential. The other ones yes pretty much!

• Like 1

Just now, eXtacy said:

The shounen style doesn't translate well to live action and I doubt that a satisfying narrative can be fit into a two hour runtime.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

Bleach could work, it is grounded in the real world, there is potential. The other ones yes pretty much!

Suppose Bleach would be the best of the ones I just mentioned.

I think you better off looking at movie to movie adaptions.

Imagine a live action Akira or Nausicaa of the Valley Wind

Cowboy Bebop and Steins Gate or two tv shows which I think could convert well to live action.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Suppose Bleach would be the best of the ones I just mentioned.

I think you better off looking at movie to movie adaptions.

Imagine a live action Akira or Nausicaa of the Valley Wind

Cowboy Bebop and Steins Gate or two tv shows which I think could convert well to live action.

Stein Gates could be crazy good, totally adaptable. This anime is just so mindbending :bourne:

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Bullshit. The French and Asians can do a much much better job than hollywood but since they don't have the rights..i have to hope America will come to senses and do them right

• Like 1

Shinsekai Yori is another one which springs to mind as being rich enough story world. Though it would need to be 2 and half hours long.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13125/Shinsekai_yori?q=shinsekai yori

EDIT: Come to think about too many child actors - they are rarely good.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kitik said:

Okay, that short little featurette looks fantastic. (And I liked the obvious scene in the ET interview too.)

So now I'm getting my hopes sky high, but I have a new worry. This won't appeal to anyone who isn't already a fan of the anime.

It certainly appeals to me, and I haven't seen the anime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

It certainly appeals to me, and I haven't seen the anime.

Ghost in the Shell I can recommend to anyone. Even those who never seen an anime. Its extremely mature, solid stories, with intelligent and interesting technology. Its one of the leading examples of the cyberpunk genre.

• Like 2