spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

Are you part Filipino? I was surprised with the "pare" ;) Yeah maybe sometime this year,my officemates have been planning to do it and they want to sing Let It Go while they skate lol

Yeah, born in Pampanga, but my family immigrated to the US when I was 6. Been back a few times since.Went to the one inside Mall of Asia, that ice rink is huge.
  • Like 1

LOL. Do they even know where it is? That guy's drunk, but still. Anyway, The Philippines has an athlete at the winter olympics? That's really cool.

Yes. He is a figure skater. We have a lot of talented people here. It's just that the government lacks support.

• Founder / Operator

THX 1138, that's a pretty old and obscure reference. I wonder how many people caught that? :P

I feel old for thinking "is it really that obscure?" :lol:

Someone at Hollywood Reporter probably got really drunk and started live tweeting the Olympic opening ceremony. There are some extremely stupid and some downright misinformed comments in the feed right now. Some examples:

I've been told I can only say #PussyRiot three times. Instead, I'm gonna say #VaginalUprising. No limits! #sochi #OpeningCeremony

I want to buy Paraguay some hot cocoa and gossip about Norway. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

Nice outfits, Poland. Well played. You can continue. Try the veal. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

105.7 million people in the Philippines and one dude who can figure skate. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

Posted Image

• Like 4

I said it wasn't huge, I never said it wasn't impressive.

Huge and impressive are not exactly the same thing you know.

It is impressive (I even implied that), but it isn't THAT huge. The Lorax (a non Pixar-film) also managed 70 million in March (hence why Shawn made a club).

Edited by Fancyarcher

Never said it wasn't.

I dunno, this could do 70m.Saying "still good though" seems to be understating what an impressive box office achievement this is. It's pretty much a lock to be the second biggest feb movie ever....only Jesus has done better.I'd say it looks to be doing amazing. I'd call it huge too. Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

Yeah, born in Pampanga, but my family immigrated to the US when I was 6. Been back a few times since.Went to the one inside Mall of Asia, that ice rink is huge.

Nakakaintindi ka pa ng tagalog?  :)

Yup, the one inside Mall of Asia is huge like almost everything in that mall lol

I dunno, this could do 70m.Saying "still good though" seems to be understating what an impressive box office achievement this is. It's pretty much a lock to be the second biggest feb movie ever....only Jesus has done better.I'd say it looks to be doing amazing. I'd call it huge too.

True.

• Founder / Operator

I dunno, this could do 70m.Saying "still good though" seems to be understating what an impressive box office achievement this is. It's pretty much a lock to be the second biggest feb movie ever....only Jesus has done better.I'd say it looks to be doing amazing. I'd call it huge too.

Totally agreed. Not two months ago, I made a comment around here somewhere that Frozen's breakout could have a negative impact on LEGO's potential to also do huge numbers. As I recall, the response to that was "LEGO's supposed to be big?"

$60m, $70m, or more... this thing's locked to be a huge performer at this point. The final numbers are mere details in the bigger story.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 6

Totally agreed. Not two months ago, I made a comment around here somewhere that Frozen's breakout could have a negative impact on LEGO's potential to also do huge numbers. As I recall, the response to that was "LEGO's supposed to be big?"

$60m, $70m, or more... this thing's locked to be a huge performer at this point. The final numbers are mere details in the bigger story.

I remember when you said that because I was with you.  I was tempering my expectations because of the fact that family audiences had not been starved.   The Lorax made what it made because there hadn't been shit in almost 3 months I think.

Also, everyone was claiming this was too "kiddie" and didn't appeal to anyone beyond "8 year-old boys."

• Like 2

I remember when you said that because I was with you.  I was tempering my expectations because of the fact that family audiences had not been starved.   The Lorax made what it made because there hadn't been shit in almost 3 months I think. Also, everyone was claiming this was too "kiddie" and didn't appeal to anyone beyond "8 year-old boys."

And I'm thinking...if lorax opened to 70m...and had a 3x multi...where will this go? The response is miles above that film.And yeah, even a week ago no one was saying this film will do 200m (pardon me if anyone was, good job). Now...it might sail right past it.Granted, it might not, but well see. It certainly has the potential to have a huge opening AND great legs.
  • Like 1