spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

I regret not making a sellout spreadsheet for this weekend.  Lego had 7 sellouts today at my local theater (all 2D), which is actually ahead of yesterday.  Overall the area is a bit down from yesterday, but pretty strong for a Sunday.

The name "Manav" always reminds me of the movie Taal.

Now I need a Coke  :P

Haha.  I was pretty young when that came out and that was the first time I'd ever seen a character with the same name and that was a huge deal for me.  

Haha.  I was pretty young when that came out and that was the first time I'd ever seen a character with the same name and that was a huge deal for me.  

That was the last halfway decent movie Subhash Ghai made. Then he started buying into his own hype and gave us such gems like Yaadein, Yuvraaj and Kisna.

The music of Taal is probably one of Rahman's best compositions ever though, brilliant music - I didn't like it as much back in 99 but listening to it since it is just amazing.

• Like 1

LEGO's final gross if it has multipliers of following recent original animations(since 2010 + >40 opening weekend + no thanksgiving/christmas releases):

HTTYD - 343.85

Despicable Me - 308.20

Croods - 296.41

Wreck-It Ralph - 266.96

Brave - 247.25

Hotel Transylvania - 241

Lorax - 210.67

Average : 273.477

Edited by a2knet

LEGO's final gross if it has multipliers of following recent original animations(since 2010 + >40 opening weekend + no thanksgiving/christmas releases):

HTTYD - 343.85

Despicable Me - 308.20

Croods - 296.41

Wreck-It Ralph - 266.96

Brave - 247.25

Hotel Transylvania - 241

Lorax - 210.67

It has the advantage of having next week be valentines holiday with valentines day on Friday, so I think a Despicable Me multiplier is possibly in play.

That was the last halfway decent movie Subhash Ghai made. Then he started buying into his own hype and gave us such gems like Yaadein, Yuvraaj and Kisna.

The music of Taal is probably one of Rahman's best compositions ever though, brilliant music - I didn't like it as much back in 99 but listening to it since it is just amazing.

Yeah haven't liked any of Ghai's work after that.  

Taal's music actually gets better with time.  Another masterpiece on Rahman's resume.

HTTYD - 343.85

Despicable Me - 308.20

Croods - 296.41

Wreck-It Ralph - 266.96

Brave - 247.25

Hotel Transylvania - 241

Lorax - 210.67

Lego will outperform all of those (with possible exception of HTTYD).  Has wider appeal than any of them.  Can't say anything definitive on WOM this early, but of those HTTYD would be the closest.

• Like 2

Yeah haven't liked any of Ghai's work after that.  

Taal's music actually gets better with time.  Another masterpiece on Rahman's resume.

Apparently he is directing Salman again in his next film.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-shubhash-ghai-to-work-with-salman-khan-in-2014-4158384-NOR.html

I think AR's music was mesmerizing in the 90's. He has produced great songs since but don't think the soundtracks post 2000 have matched his earlier movies.

• Like 1