spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

With Valentine's Day and President's Day next weekend, the biggest drop I can see for the 3 day is 20% with how solid WOM is... I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it made $57-60 million over the 3 day next week and got $70-73 million for the 4 day since kids movies do great over President's Day 

$300 million is in play considering this has 4 weeks of ZERO competition... although Mr. Peabody got the best reaction of all the trailers at my screening 

• Like 1

Just got back from LEGO with the lady, and we both loved it. Kinda stunned at how subversive the whole thing was. Can't wait to see it again.

The woman in front of us joked that we must have been the only childless couple in the joint (it's a small neighborhood theater), and I almost wish we saw it with an older audience. 

• Like 9

Just got back from LEGO with the lady, and we both loved it. Kinda stunned at how subversive the whole thing was. Can't wait to see it again.

The woman in front of us joked that we must have been the only childless couple in the joint (it's a small neighborhood theater), and I almost wish we saw it with an older audience. 

OMG Me and my friend were the only one with out kids too. It felt so awkward. He was like we look like creeps :lol:

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

With Valentine's Day and President's Day next weekend, the biggest drop I can see for the 3 day is 20% with how solid WOM is... I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it made $57-60 million over the 3 day next week and got $70-73 million for the 4 day since kids movies do great over President's Day 

$300 million is in play considering this has 4 weeks of ZERO competition... although Mr. Peabody got the best reaction of all the trailers at my screening 

Would be funny if this were to outgross Hobbit 1 and be WB's highest grossing film since TDKR until Supes vs. Bats comes out.

• Like 7

Hope Rth shows up tonight, as I expect both Lego and Frozen to have stronger Sunday holds than expected.

Also, The Nut Job got hit hard this weekend.

Lego is going to be fun to track over the next 10 days.  There's a lot of potential with this Valentines/President's Day combination.

• Like 3

Animated movies without kids: if you're really worried about seeming like a creeper, go at night or wait a few weeks when WOM has spread that it's not just for kids and the audience tends to be less packed with families.

I thought Shia was due for a trip off the rails for a few years now, ever since he gave interviews talking about his mother being his dream woman and that seeing his parents doing it helped him develop a sense of humor. :wacko:

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Hope Rth shows up tonight, as I expect both Lego and Frozen to have stronger Sunday holds than expected.Also, The Nut Job got hit hard this weekend.Lego is going to be fun to track over the next 10 days. There's a lot of potential with this Valentines/President's Day combination.

I think the fact that Lego has appeal to an older audience is going to give it a better hold than expected.
  • Like 2

My screening (although it was at 9) was about half families and half 16-30 yr old adults coming with a friend or mate.

Animated movies without kids: if you're really worried about seeming like a creeper, go at night or wait a few weeks when WOM has spread that it's not just for kids and the audience tends to be less packed with families.

I thought Shia was due for a trip off the rails for a few years now, ever since he gave interviews talking about his mother being his dream woman and that seeing his parents doing it helped him develop a sense of humor. :wacko:

Shia tried to warn us before Snowden

I wonder if Lego could have an under 30% drop this coming weekend? The extended weekend is definitely going to be a big help, along with the phenomenal word of mouth. 

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the 3-day tops $50 million this weekend.

From Script Shadow, the plot from the first draft of "The Lego movie", thank god we didn't get this cliched movie  :D

Emmet lives in Legoland. This is a very structured city where everything is the same. People follow rules. They do things by the book. And most importantly, they’re NEVER CREATIVE!

Unfortunately, the 22 year-old Emmet (who lives with his mom), doesn’t operate that way. Emmet is different. He’s creative. He LIKES to step out of the norm and do silly things every once in awhile. At the same time, he’s ashamed of it. Emmet wishes he could live the easy life and be like everyone else. He wants to be your normal average predictable person.

As Emmet tries to come to terms with all this, his mother is kidnapped by the evil overseer of Legoland, Black Falcon! And his ex-girlfriend, Lucy, who now happens to be a superhero, drops in and tells him that they have to get her back. You see, Emmet’s mom is the chosen one, the one who’s going to save Legoland from becoming boring and stagnant forever!

This requires recruiting a bunch of the masterbuilders and taking Black Falcon down. So Emmet and Lucy get a pirate named Neckbeard (who’s just a lego head – and Lucy’s current boyfriend), Batman (of course), a space lego man named “Benny the Spaceman,” and a half-retarded lego-creature named Duplo.

What they find out is that Black Falcon is planning on using the “Kragle” (which turns out to be short for “Krazy Glue”) to permanently GLUE all of Legoland together forever! So that no one can ever take legos apart and put them back together creatively!

Everything will always be boring and the same. Noooooo!!! Measly Emmet will have to find the strength within to defeat this mad Lego… creature. And save Lego-mania forever!

• Like 2

Gravity needs to be mentioned here. The expansion has been going extremely well. Despite losing almost 40% of the screens, it managed to drop onl 16.7% from last wknd, making over 1.68m. Now it stands at 266m DOM and it can beat Monsters University (268m) and even has a very good chance @ 270m. B)

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 5