spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

2007 has been the only year in the last 12 years to not have a 350m+ film.

Spidey topped that year with 336m.

Will 2014 follow suite?

EDIT: Mockingjay should get to 350m

I think Mockingjay will be the only film to reach that mark.

Big winner this weekend:Lego Movie.

BIg Loser:Vampire Academy..Four million for the entire weekend.Pathetic.

Frozen continutes to amaze. The 400 Mil domestic and one Billion world wide seem like locks.

And Disney will make another fortune off of the mechandise;the soundtrack  in particular is proving a real cash cow for The Mouse.

• Like 1

What's so great about the LEGO movie anyways, it didn't really draw my attention when I seen the trailer. Now that I think of it Frozen didn't either although I just saw the teaser for Frozen.

i think LEGO is one of those rare instances where a movie is able to transcend its somewhat gimicky premise by being witty and heartfelt (still have to see it, which wont be until april 10th, but thats what i gather from the reviews)... as for the frozen teaser... uhm the sven / olaf one? that one was intended to lure in little boys ;)

• Like 1

What an incredible result, marketing hit a home run. Movies like this are usually so leggy. Dare I say $250m is in play for a February release? Amazing. WB, Village Roadshow should be ecstatic. There is hope yet although I assume we will now see a slew of less creative, less ambitious sequels/spin offs. Side note: movie like this great for economy as well. Who didn't learn/imagine playing with Legos as a kid? Great toy.

• Like 4

:lol: :lol: :lol:  The guy is clearly trolling. Joaquim Phoenix was actually very convincing but this is so obvious.

I just saw the guy's Twitter account and Jesus. I knew he was trying to spin the plagiarism thing into "performance art" but this is sad