Shawn Robbins

Weekend numbers Feb 14-16

A well known American hero being destroyed by a girl with a bow in American domestic boxoffice. Which the American audience was more impressed? A girl with a bow or the man with the suit?

Worldwide is more important than Domestic and IM3 destroyed Katniss worldwide, or are international numbers not relevant? Edited by Jessie

When you add in merchandising and world wide revenue IM3 will destroy CF in profits made, so I don't think it really matters that CF won slightly in domestic  :rolleyes:

If Frozen catches up it'll look a bit different, but if not, this is how it will look like for the rest of history:

2013 $10,922.9 +0.8% 1,343.5 -1.3% 683 - $8.13 - Catching Fire

Those Fs in Rth's updates mean 'flop'? lol I got confused with the acronyms.

Yes, RoboFlop and Endless Flop (which isn't really a flop since it costed 20M, but whatever :P If God says it is a flop, I agree with him!).

RE: JUPITER ASCENDING

One poster is right when he/she said that the look of JA (from the trailer alone) is risky. I am not trying to judge the book by its cover but it does look like a lot of visionary scifi that in the end disappointed. Very few scifi actually sells the fantastical landscape very well (with the exception of AVATAR). The original MATRIX takes place in different world and the most successful of the series, creatively, is the 1st one where there is very little of the hardcore scifi "post-apocalyptic" scenes. Most of the scenes of MATRIX 1&2 takes place in a realistic world of concrete jungle. When they switch to ROBOCOP meets TRANSFORMERS mode in MATRIX 3, I think a lot of audience checked out. INCEPTION has a mind-boggling concept but the story sells because it revolves around a love story.