Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Yes, but apparently some people were hijacking this thread because they wanted a thread just for the Thursday numbers of the movies already in theaters. So I gave them that, and for this week, this one will be the Weekend Numbers thread.

May I suggest something?

Why don't we just make one thread for weekdays numbers and one thread for weekend numbers, so we do not need to make another thread everyday/every weekend, we just need to put some specific word in the title when the numbers come out.

I suggest something like this:

Weekdays thread: Thursday (2/20/14) numbers on page.....  

Weekend thread: Friday (2/21/14) estimate on page ......

(The mods can edit the subtitle everyday when the numbers come out)

Last week was bolstered by Valentine's Day remember

The drop of RoboCop over here today surely helped me remember that. At least Monuments Men, opening here this weekend, is pulling some big numbers.

Yeah, sin't that a low number for THE LEGO MOVIE?

It's a 140% jump from Thursday. Gnomeo and Juliet jumped by 127% on it's 3rd Friday (also post President's Day weekend).

G&J fell 30% over the weekend, but it's previous weekend was not inflated by Valentine's Day.

So a 45%(27m) drop would be good considering VD fell on last Friday.

But as Lego's Friday jump is higher than G&J, it could better G&J's 4.25 multiplier if Sat and Sun show a similar improvement.  A multiplier of 4.5 will give Lego a 29m weekend(40%) drop which would be great.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2