Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

A 4.25 multiplier, like G&J had, gives Lego 31m (-36.6%), 4.5 gives it 33m (-32.5%).

Considering last Friday was inflated and it was a 4-day weekend, those holds are great.

Edited by a2knet

With a $100m budget, clearly someone at Sony was.

Sony didn't finance it, Constantin (same company that financed Mortal Instruments) did.

From BOM:

Sony is handling domestic distribution through their TriStar label, though they have fairly low exposure: Pompeii was financed by Constantin Film, and FilmDistrict covered the marketing costs. Based on pre-release tracking, Sony is expecting $12 to $15 million for the weekend.

Edited by Taylor

Sony didn't finance it, Constantin (same company that financed Mortal Instruments) did.

From BOM:

Sony is handling domestic distribution through their TriStar label, though they have fairly low exposure: Pompeii was financed by Constantin Film, and FilmDistrict covered the marketing costs. Based on pre-release tracking, Sony is expecting $12 to $15 million for the weekend.

Well, one flop deserves another.  :stirthepot:

Definitely a big weekend for Frozen. It topped Sith yesterday, will top Nemo and Potter 8 today. Crazy.

Will also become second highest-grossing non-sequel animation ever today. The Lion King is probably safe at #1 thanks to its 3D re-release.

Yeah. Frozen will top it with its own eventual re-release, though.

Will Frozen get a re-release next Christmas?

Rumors, but nothing certain. I kinda feel that this year is pretty packed as far as the holiday season is concerned. BH6, Home, Annie, and NatM3 all cover that market. (And both September and October have animated entries as well.)

They might just let it sit a few years and then slot it in somewhere.

Rumors, but nothing certain. I kinda feel that this year is pretty packed as far as the holiday season is concerned. BH6, Home, Annie, and NatM3 all cover that market. (And both September and October have animated entries as well.)

They might just let it sit a few years and then slot it in somewhere.

Hard to say. The Polar Express (different studio of course) came out in 2004 and got a re-release every year from 2005-2012. Of course those were all pretty small re-releases, less than 21m combined.

I could easily see it getting a re-release around x-mas, but I could also see Disney waiting for the 5th or 10th anniversary. I could also see both if Disney wants to get greedy, a re-release this year to push it past 442m then let it sit until the 10th anniversary.