CJohn

The Equalizer 2 | July 20 2018 Trailer pg 4

I guess studios took note of how barren August was this year and how it allowed smaller scale movies like The Hitman's Bodyguard to breakout (as well as how more outside the box action movies have seen success before), so they're just jumbling everything together here.

I don't know about Scarface since Ayer left - and if it does move onto production, it's probably gonna be moved closer to awards season, maybe to try to get consideration for Diego Luna or the Coens in writing categories. But Predator is already scheduled for August, and Meg could also be a sleeper hit, if The Shallows and 47 Meters Down prove anything (COULD, not saying it will, Statham doesn't have huge US influence..... but shark movies tho). The Equalizer 2 could still be a mid range performer, but I don't think it's hitting 100M again unless wom is really good.