CJohn

The Equalizer 2 | July 20 2018 Trailer pg 4

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm only counting May, June and July. August was considered (and to some extent still is) the dumping ground of summer. I am kind of surprised that Guardians and Suicide Squad didn't change that.

The first two weekends of August have been used as launching pads for blockbusters in most years the past 17 years. It's the second half of the month through Labor Day that is considered the dumping period.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Denzel Washington still has a profitable fanbase, so I'm sure they'll still turn out for this. In fact, while July isn't too barren, August seemed worse to me with The Meg and Scarface and (potentially) Captive State. So this is pretty smart of them to put it in a slightly dry prime summer month.

I would have been very happy with a Robocop franchise coming off the 2014 movie. Shame it didn't do very well, it really was nowhere near as bad as everyone said. Doesn't match the original but so what.

31 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I really liked the first movie. Didn't that come out the same year as Robocop? Bet Sony thought Robocop would be the franchise starter and not this.

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

I really liked the first movie. Didn't that come out the same year as Robocop? Bet Sony thought Robocop would be the franchise starter and not this.

Around the same time yes, could not find any talk of sequels for both case but Robocop was a bit more a MGM entity than Sony and Sony didn't had that high hope for it, it was greenlight with them making 12.2m in mind vs 53m for The Equalizer.

18 hours ago, slambros said:

Scarface remake

If it's still happening, no way they'll make it to this date. And considering there's been no news about it for 6-7 months, it might not happening for now. It had so many development problems and director drops that I suppose Universal might gave up on it. And that terrible script might be the reason why so many directors refused to do it.

• Like 1