CJohn

The Equalizer 2 | July 20 2018 Trailer pg 4

Liked the first one, and this one looks even more action-y.

Heck, there were so many action shots in that trailer, I don't know how there's room for anything else in the movie itself.

Definitely looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I agree with you all, these trailers (liked the International even a bit more) are very good! I quite liked the first movie but didn`t expect much from the sequel so I`m surprised in a very positive way. Next film I`ll put on my list :).

Edited by el sid

I hope they capitalize more on McCall's ability to take down as many bad guys as possible in a very limited window of time with the least amount of resistance. Those were my favorite scenes in the original. Less "kind mentor", more "ultimate badass".

Edited by ThePhasmid

Trailer makes me glad I included it in my summer game top 15. Denzel can sell the hell out of marketing like that. Might actually have a shot to beat the first. 

My only concern is if Fallout cuts a bit into the audience for this the following week. 

Edited by MovieMan89

9 hours ago, filmscholar said:

1981-2017

Denzel Washington went 36 straight years without doing a Sequel.  He's done a few remakes (Equalizer was an 80's TV Show) but never a sequel.  To me that's an amazing run to go that long without doing a sequel.  His Box Office Gross is 3.7 Billion Worldwide during that time. Mind you this was mostly original dramas so it's really a Historic Amazing Run.  So I'm very excited to watch Denzel's very first Sequel with "Equalizer II".   It's funny that "Equalizer" and "Mission Impossible" drop in back to back weeks.  Both adaptions of television shows.  

Manchurian Candidate is closer to being a sequel than Equalizer.

2 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

Manchurian Candidate is closer to being a sequel than Equalizer.

Manchurian Candidate, Taking Pelham 1,2, 3, The Magnificent Seven and Equalizer are all remakes of previously released material that he's done.  But this is his 1st true sequel.   I just think he's made a great career of stand alone performances to films that don't necessarily need sequels.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

333103.jpg

It's basically the same movie.  But I don't care.  I'll watch Denzel kick the shit out of people any day of the week.

This is probably one of the Denzel's best movies. His acting was insane and powerful. I can't believe Tony Scott is gone. :(

• Like 1