grim22

The Flash | Season 2 premieres 6 October.

i don't think this show would have the guts to erase the whole first season. they couldn't even stick with that one episode a few months ago that changed stuff, only to undo it all in the next one (which was kind of annoying, since that episode was maybe the best of the season).

maybe some things get changed. it'd be nice if they used it to wipe out all this ridiculous iris/eddie nonsense. why does eddie even exist on this show at all?

Yeah it was a good finale even though it just kind of ended, but I am deal with that as the rest of it was good.

I liked how Barry decided to keep the life he had and even the older version of himself told him not to do it.  It had to be crazy hard to listen to his mom die again, but at least he gave her, and himself, closure about it.

Now that the alternate timelines/dimensions story has been opened, next season can be very eventful.

and I am pretty sure since Eddie got sucked into the time vortex, he and the Reverse Flash will show up again ;)

Whoa... just... whoa. I just finished it and it was incredible. easily the best episode of the season so far. Emotions everywhere... like damn... and that ending came out of nowhere. Its going to be interesting where they take it next year. The wait is going to be awful.

I hope they dont restart the timeline. I would be okay with the idea of parallel timelines, just as long as we dont lose the entirety of season one.

Yep. Let's hope the learnt the lesson from Heroes.

I hope they dont restart the timeline. I would be okay with the idea of parallel timelines, just as long as we dont lose the entirety of season one.

I don't think they will.  This really is not a spoiler, but just in case, I will tag it anyway

basically there are different timelines or "Earths" so they all exist simultaneously so really they should just be messing with other timelines now and not the one we know from the first season

That was Flash-tastic finale! Grant Gustin gave such an emotional performance. Guy can cry like no ones business. :'(

Love the Jay Garrick tease and also Killer Frost. Overall a brilliant first season. Some really good storylines set up for the future.

oh and i doubt any timelines will be changed as its set in the same universe as Arrow. Would be stupid if Flash changed and Arrow is still the same.

If you want to get really technical they actually created a closed universe time loop with Eddie killing himself so that Eobard Thawne never exists and therefore is never able to travel back in time to create the particle accelerator and therefore The Flash never exists.

But, they chose just to ignore that.

If you want to get really technical they actually created a closed universe time loop with Eddie killing himself so that Eobard Thawne never exists and therefore is never able to travel back in time to create the particle accelerator and therefore The Flash never exists.

God damn it... why did you just have to ruin everything? LOL I didnt even give that a thought.

Barry was going to become The Flash even if Eobard never traveled back in time. Maybe Wells created the particle accelerator or he naturally evolved into The Flash.

In the normal time line, Wells created the accelerator and it exploded, but that happened 10 or 15 years later than in the time line for the show. When Eobard got stuck in the past, he killed Wells, assumed his identity, and sped everything up by a decade.

• Like 3

Season 2 Premiere! B) 

The Flash

"THE MAN WHO SAVED CENTRAL CITY"

Tuesday, October 6th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

BARRY DECIDES HE NEEDS TO PROTECT THE CITY ON HIS OWN — Picking up months after the Singularity attacked Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) is still struggling to forgive himself for Eddie's death. Concerned about putting his friends in danger, Barry has pushed everyone away and has chosen to protect the city on his own. When a meta-human named Atom Smasher (guest star Adam Copeland) attacks the city, Iris (Candice Patton) tells Barry that he needs to let his friends help him protect the citizens of Central City. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) helps Joe (Jesse L. Martin) with his Meta Task Force. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Gabrielle Stanton (#201).

Ok...made it through the first season. Thank god I love the Flash character or I would have stopped watching.   As it was, I just watched an episode here and there due to the constant writer induced stupidity given to the Flash so various freak of the week villains could get the better of him.   But then I finally got to ep 15 this week and that was a bit of a turning point with the overall big plot of the show finally sucking me in.   That allowed me to fight through the bad writing.

It got better and better to the point where I was really enjoying it by the final episode. Pretty exciting stuff going on by the end. Helps that I love time travel stories. The "erased from existence" thing was epic.

Few quibbles near the end of the season...like why Marvel and DC feel like they have to make the lame boring archer characters "important".  Yeah...I'm totally buying that Green Arrow was somehow fast enough to shoot Wells and be the "cool hero".  Ugh....can Green Arrow and Hawkeye just go away?  The Hawkeye subplot in Age of Ultron was the worst part of that movie.

And there better be a damn good reason for Barry to not save his mother.  It better not be so the show can maintain the melodrama they've built up.  Seems like it would have been more interesting to have a whole new reality for Barry that he had to adjust to.

Anyway....they finally turned it into a decent show.  I think I like Agent Carter and Daredevil a little more on a storytelling level...but I like Flash a lot more as a character so that balances it out.  Agents of SHIELD is pulling up the rear for me due mostly to the supremely irritating Skye character. (please kill her)  I'll be watching Arrow as soon as hell freezes over so I can compare it then.  Maybe they will make a Hawkeye show while I wait for that so I'll have two shows to watch.

the season finale should be good.  It almost looks like if he saves his mom, he kind of erases the whole first season.  that could be interesting :P

At least erase everything before ep 15 when it finally started getting decent.

oh and i doubt any timelines will be changed as its set in the same universe as Arrow. Would be stupid if Flash changed and Arrow is still the same.

Oh...that's the reason.   Of course.   I was looking forward to Barry dealing with a whole new reality.

The Flash
"FLASH OF TWO WORLDS"
Tuesday, October 13th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

INTRODUCING JAY GARRICK — Jay Garrick (guest star Teddy Sears), a mysterious man from Earth-2, appears at S.T.A.R. Labs with a dire warning about an evil speedster named Zoom, who is set on destroying The Flash. Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team must decide if they can trust this stranger even as they face yet another powerful meta-human. Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) must deal with a determined officer named Patty Spivot (guest star Shantel VanSanten) who wants to join his meta-human task force. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#202).