grim22

Weekend#s: Neeson wins. Non Stop 30M | Son of God 26.5M | Lego 21M | Frozen crosses 1B WW

Honestly, I kind of just want Divergent to do well so that we can finally have a proper YA adaption tier list. (Tier 1: HP/Twi/HG, T2: Divergent, T3: Everything Else)

That's one of the more curious reasons for wanting a film to do well I've seen on here. :lol:

Honestly, I kind of just want Divergent to do well so that we can finally have a proper YA adaption tier list. (Tier 1: HP/Twi/HG, T2: Divergent, T3: Everything Else)

I always found it kinda strange how HP Twi and HG are always clumped together... I mean that seems to me kinda like clumping Buffy and Twilight together both have vampires and female leads so they're the same right :P .  Mostly I hate the "this is the next HP/Twilight/HG" those are very different movies.  Which is it like?

Edited by 23IsEverywhere

I always found it kinda strange how HP Twi and HG are always clumped together... I mean that seems to me kinda like clumping Buffy and Twilight together both have vampires and female leads so they're the same right :P .  Mostly I hate the "this is the next HP/Twilight/HG" those are very different movies.  Which is it like?

I agree that they are very different types of movies. But at the same time, they have many similarities. All based on young-adult novels written by women, that for some reason or another, managed consistent record-breaking numbers. Potter and Twilight average close to 300m DOM a movie, which is incredibly impressive, and HG is looking to average 400m by the end of the series. 

But I think they're mostly clumped together because they're the ONLY YAAs to break out. I'm sure in a decade or two, once different YAAs have broken out, there will be different tiers or clumps or groups.

They're grouped together because they are the big three YA franchises.

Saw Lone Survivor. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

Saw the first episode of season 2 of Vikings. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

Saw 20 minutes of August: Osage County.

Posted Image

• Like 7