Update:

Benedict Cumberbatch for The Imitation Game

Jake Gyllenhaal for Nightcrawler

Michael Keaton for Birdman

David Oyelowo for Selma

Eddie Redmayne for The Theory of Everything

Alt: Jack O'Connell for Unbroken

Replaced Carrel.

As I said earlier, last time all 5 actor nominees were all first timers was in 1935! (Last time all 5 actress nominees were first timers was in 1970, which was the ONLY time since the 2nd Oscars!)

I am tempted to put in Cooper. (Which I love how the father of the actual man was worried about Hollywood making the film till he realized Clint was doing it. And if they messed it up, they had Hell to pay!)

• Like 2

Update:

Benedict Cumberbatch for The Imitation Game

Jake Gyllenhaal for Nightcrawler

Michael Keaton for Birdman

David Oyelowo for Selma

Eddie Redmayne for The Theory of Everything

Alt: Jack O'Connell for Unbroken

Replaced Carrel.

As I said earlier, last time all 5 actor nominees were all first timers was in 1935! (Last time all 5 actress nominees were first timers was in 1970, which was the ONLY time since the 2nd Oscars!)

I am tempted to put in Cooper. (Which I love how the father of the actual man was worried about Hollywood making the film till he realized Clint was doing it. And if they messed it up, they had Hell to pay!)

yep i agree with your assessment and keaton is the overwhelming favourite for it, due to large screen time and varied expressions.

one of the best career comebacks ever, should get keaton a lot of roles and jumpstart his career.

Edited by Halba

Gyllenhaal was nominated for Brokeback though, so him getting nominated for Nightcrawler would ruin this lol.

Gyllenhaal was nominated for Brokeback though, so him getting nominated for Nightcrawler would ruin this lol.

Yes I know-but I was pointing this out as earlier I noticed I had only people who were never nominated so then I wanted to point out that it is nearly impossible to happen.

• Like 1

Cumberbatch's campaigning has been Hathaway annoying (don't need to see him on any more talk shows/interviews talking about how important his movie is, or stressing the parts that aren't even in the fucking movie) redmayne I haven't noticed much. Saw an interview or two with him and he was charming enough. shame I don't rate his performance all that much.

We'll see if he cries when he wins a globe tonight though.

My Final Predictions:

Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game

Eddie Redmayne - Theory of Everything

Michael Keaton - Birdman

Jake Gyllenhaal - Nightcrawler

Bradley Cooper - American Sniper

will be mine with the exception of Gyllenhaal

I'll go with Oyelowo

I desperately want Fiennes and Gyllenhaal both in, but I think that's impossible. Unless they do snub Oyelowo, which would be a travesty in and of itself. Ugh, way too strong a year for just 5 in this cat.

Btw, I read a Gold Derby article recently that suggested the Academy might bump Carell down to supporting actor and nominate him there. Can they do that?

• Like 1

Why on earth would Cooper would get in such a competitive year when he hasn't been nommed anywhere else of note? It's not like the movie's momentum is so strong it will carry him to a nom like American Hustle did for Bale. Carell, Gyllenhaal, and Fiennes have all been nominated at like a dozen places. The 5th spot fight should be between them.

Why on earth would Cooper would get in such a competitive year when he hasn't been nommed anywhere else of note? It's not like the movie's momentum is so strong it will carry him to a nom like American Hustle did for Bale. Carell, Gyllenhaal, and Fiennes have all been nominated at like a dozen places. The 5th spot fight should be between them.

Why on earth did Christian Bale get nominated last year?