Impact

Best Actress-2014 Predictions

[*]Amy Adams (Big Eyes) 

[*]Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) 

[*]Resse Witherspoon (Inherent Vice) 

[*]Emma Stone (Untitled Cameron Crowe Film) - I figure she's likely to get an Oscar nod soon 

[*]Meryl Streep (Into the Woods) 

Edited by mahnamahna

Well, as long as we're considering Into the Woods a viable contender...

Annie appears to be an kids movie directed by the guy who made Easy A. Until I see a trailer or read spectacular reviews, I can't imagine this being an Oscar contender. I think this could be the family movie of choice this Christmas though. Into the Woods has Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp (he could easily have a late career comeback), Rob Marshall (even though he's been terrible recently he could make a comeback as well), and a solid supporting cast so I could see 4-6 nods. It should at least be considered until other films come up

It's about time Mulligan got nominated again. 

I kinda wonder about Kidman in Queen of the Desert. Since it's Herzog it likely won't be a very conventional biopic, but it could also be good enough to draw attention. And Kidman was great in (and got nominated for) Rabbit Hole just three years ago, so we know she can still bring it.

JLaw for Serena. The movie is likely to premiere at Cannes and it should get good distribution.

2014 won't be too different from 2013. It's waaaaaaaaaay too eary for her to win another one, backlash would hit her. 5+ years minimum

I agree that Adams is on Winslet-trajectory this year, bar any breakout surprise.

Add Jolie (only nod) if Maleficent reviews are good.

Edited by BobbyJohn