Impact

Best Director-2014 Predictions!

IF Interstellar is as good as TDK/Inception (and is similarly successful at the BO) I honestly believe Nolan will get nominated. I mean it's pretty much end of the line at this point. Cannot ignore the guy any longer (not counting his screenplay nominations). Of course, if it's closer to TDKR in quality, then forget it, but I'd like to believe that was an anomaly.

• Like 2

I know people like to rag on him nowadays but Burton could have a huge narrative this season if Harvey plays it right, and assuming the movie is up to par. Burton, Adams, Elfman, Delbonnel, Alexander and Karaszewski (maybe even Stamp?) could all have overdue narratives in fact.

Harvey has already started his campaigning for it, a fall release was just confirmed, it's the only contender Harvey is personally producing and early word on the script and Adams is really great. It's factoring in next years race in a big way.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 4

on another website i was talking about my stupid early oscar predictions for 2014 and i said that big eyes was gonna win "the big five" so yeah, i hope it doesn't suck and make me look stupid. :lol:

That was silly, Keaton is going for Best Actor dude.

Is the August release date for Big Eyes accurate ? Harvey's big Oscar movies usually open in the October-December frame so we still don't know how Harvey sees it.

THR confirmed a Fall release today, also said they've heard Amy is great.