JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Ummm. Just wow. Just sat thru the film. Easily the best comic book film I've ever seen. The one liners were great. What a night. Hunger games followed by the avengers. 2 great films. Avengers lives up to the hype. (null)

Ok, that;s good to know.

Yes. Wednesday was ANZAC DAY. It's a nationwide public holiday in Australia and New Zealand. It's an acronym for Australia & New Zealand Army Corp. It's our main memorial day for those who have fought and died in various conflicts since the 1880's. April 25 1915 was the day allied forces landed at Gallipoli in Turkey. The $6m figure for the opening day is even more impressive because theatres didn't open tip after 1pm in several states. Also, many people attend the dawn services and marches in the morning. In the afternoon there were also big sporting events in Sydney and Melbourne that had record crowds and record ratings on TV. Thursday was just a normal workday and in every state kids were in School. DH2 also opened on a Wednesday but in the middle of school holidays in most states. It dropped 43% Wednesday to Thursday.

Yeah saw it tonight in a nutshell fantastic friends loved it as well, will go back for another viewing

I don't think I've ever seen you post about watching a movie. Cinema Pioneer yet?Any word yet on Friday? It must definitely be an increase over Thursday, based purely on the fact that I saw extremely busy 10.30 & 11.30 sessions!

I don't think I've ever seen you post about watching a movie. Cinema Pioneer yet?Any word yet on Friday? It must definitely be an increase over Thursday, based purely on the fact that I saw extremely busy 10.30 & 11.30 sessions!

Theres a first time for everything haha, no I'm sure i've mentoned before just not often, CP how old do you think I am :) hehe yeah I am.Yeah Fri is increase on Thur should be around $a2.7 Edited by Rth

I have just been checking the sessions for Hoyts on their app, and I'm still being amazed with The Avengers.It has at some points SIX SESSIONS AT ONCE playing and the entire cinema is full up until 10.30 and 11.30 which are getting pretty full already - may I remind you it is 3pm.