JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

5 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

They are but not generally for a sequel. I don't expect NWH to be very leggy. Maybe 3x if we're lucky (domestically, can't speak on other markets) but more likely 2.5-2.7x given the extreme hype. 

As several people attached to the film have said, this is the "Spider-Man Endgame". 

No way only 2,5 multi on christmas.Spider man endgame doesnt mean that it will have endgame legs,that would be close to impossible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

They are but not generally for a sequel. I don't expect NWH to be very leggy. Maybe 3x if we're lucky (domestically, can't speak on other markets) but more likely 2.5-2.7x given the extreme hype. 

As several people attached to the film have said, this is the "Spider-Man Endgame". 

Yeah I didn't mean that for NWH. This one will be frontloaded as the spoiler fear is huge.

Edited by Menor

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

No way only 2,5 multi on christmas.Spider man endgame doesnt mean that it will have endgame legs,that would be close to impossible.

Definitely not impossible, and you can't look at past results for this. The hype is Endgame level meaning the frontloadedness will be high, and there is still a pandemic factor that may hurt holiday legs. 

Just now, Multiverse of XXR said:

Definitely not impossible, and you can't look at past results for this. The hype is Endgame level meaning the frontloadedness will be high, and there is still a pandemic factor that may hurt holiday legs. 

Still i cant see a scenario were this will have 2,5 multi on christmas , if it was a normal period i would agree though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also TBH I am not really sold on NWH yet. Even till now. I still think its just Internet noise that is very loud & the actual hype is nowhere close to events that were IW & EG.

Disagree here. It's the same audience as IW & EG, and everything we've seen so far says it is on that level of hype. You don't get those trailer views or this level of presales from "internet noise". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, and that's one reason I am not saying 2-2.25x legs DOM & other places accordingly. 🙃

I dont get how you are so certain about these legs but anyways , this conversation wont go anywhere clearly.We will know in about 2-3 weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Actually we can. 😁

After almost matching sales on day 1, overall sales are now 70% of Endgame in first 6 days in USA/CAN.

LOL thats still fantastic , it was never on endgame level in  any way .We knew that already , also endgame was a novelty it made 800 million more than iw did.Endgame was on another level compare to iw

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Actually we can. 😁

After almost matching sales on day 1, overall sales are now 70% of Endgame in first 6 days in USA/CAN.

Only 70% of Endgame huh? How will it ever survive! We will see how it goes. I'm guessing sales are still quite a bit ahead of Infinity War. 

Edited by Multiverse of XXR
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think its ensemble that is working. Tobey franchise ended on a very dull note & I don't think Tobey is cool enough for new generation.

Also TBH I am not really sold on NWH yet. Even till now. I still think its just Internet noise that is very loud & the actual hype is nowhere close to events that were IW & EG.

I expect it to be frontloaded AF.

Distance makes heart grow fonder. i am not sure if we will see enough of Tobey to satisfy the nostalgic audience. A movie where he is a bigger role across the board could also get the same audience to buy tickets again. not at NWH level which has the multiverse playing for it, it still could hit levels hit by SM3. That had humongous hype back in its day. 

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Actually we can. 😁

You know what... you are acting similar to naysayers of 2019 - during EG run who denied the fact that EG's hype was any closer to take EG above Avatar. 

No one really thinks NWH can do 850m or 900m (Some can dream, though.) Most people are only hoping for it to reach 600m+.

I am Marvel fan and I won't like EG's run to be overtaken by any film, it was a beast in its own right. But If NWH can gross even 450m this year - it will become a beast in own right as no other film would have been able to gross even half of it's amount this year. I don't get why you keep denying it's hype? 

Edited by anti-Pedantic

9 hours ago, lab276 said:

Dune opens to 4.84m, overall weekend numbers 12.2m slightly up on the same weekend in 2019. We should see solid drops next weekend, before Spider-Man opens and dominates.

That $4.8M for Dune is much higher than the original $3.4 estimate. Much better also, that's actually a solid opening. Surpassed the estimate was that far off. 

3 minutes ago, ando said:

That $4.8M for Dune is much higher than the original $3.4 estimate. Much better also, that's actually a solid opening. Surpassed the estimate was that far off. 

I believe that 4.83m is AUD, which translate to $3.4m still. Not a great number since it is only on par with BR2049.