Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

4 minutes ago, Zamor said:

How much can we expect from today to friday? 7-800k per day?

And how much on Jan 1? Same as yesterday?

Looking around me, should average out over 1M for tue-fri pretty handily imo - today looks about as busy as sunday was, but don't want to make projections or anything so take it with a grain of salt. New years will be fine, but definitely no boxing day (which is the best day of the year at the italian BO), while saturday will be depressed.

29 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Avatar 2 really save Italian BO for 2022. After TGM's meh performance despite being a global hit I thought this is it for Italian BO but A2 clean up well here. Is €50m possible?  

Feels too far unless the film really cleans up during holidays and has an incredible january afterwards imho. Maybe it does just that but seems a bit too hopeful atm.

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Avatar 2 really save Italian BO for 2022. After TGM's meh performance despite being a global hit I thought this is it for Italian BO but A2 clean up well here. Is €50m possible?  

The funny thing is that here Top Gun did more or less as expected, it's just that at the same time it overperformed in at least a dozen countries, in some cases even doubling the forecasts...

For Avatar I think it will end up with 4.5M tickets sold and 40M euros, and it could aim at max at 5M tickets which would mean 44M euros. And for example I'm really surprised to see that The Lion King in 2019 sold 5.7M tickets and won't be surpassed (for a total gross however of "just" 37M), I remembered it a million lower 😅

Edited by MG10

1.9M is damn good, also considering that yesterday many people still went to work. But it's also true that schools are closed for two weeks and if students want to see a movie Avatar is definitely the best option

I'm curious to see how much it will do in the first week of January since most of the people will be home from work, then after January 9th I don't know how much it will add so let's see first how high the total will be...

22 hours ago, MG10 said:

The funny thing is that here Top Gun did more or less as expected, it's just that at the same time it overperformed in at least a dozen countries, in some cases even doubling the forecasts...

For Avatar I think it will end up with 4.5M tickets sold and 40M euros, and it could aim at max at 5M tickets which would mean 44M euros. And for example I'm really surprised to see that The Lion King in 2019 sold 5.7M tickets and won't be surpassed (for a total gross however of "just" 37M), I remembered it a million lower 😅

Italy has been on the verge of deflation in the past decade but Avatar 2 got some "help" in the past 12 months thanks to crazy double digit inflation.