AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Any out raged parents yet?

Well, there's already some thinkpieces:

http://www.refinery29.com/amp/2016/08/119799/sausage-party-movie-review

Culled from the most perverse corners of the male mind, the movie is a raunchy, phallic overload, full of lowbrow wordplay and general filth. It tells the story of anthropomorphized grocery items that find out what really happens when they leave the store. A woman sitting next to me left the theater after a used condom cried out in agony on screen; I heard her muttering the word "disgusting" as she stepped into the aisle. She was not wrong.

I'm not sure what there is to be offended about.  If people don't like dick and pussy jokes, then why even go to a Rated R animated film called Sausage Party when the trailers tell you exactly what you are in for?  That would be like me going to see God is not dead complaining there was too many scenes of people praying.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Sausage Party projections:

Weekend 2: 18.0M (-46.3%) cum 67.1M

Weekend 3: 11.2M (-37.8%) cum 87.0M

Weekend 4 (3-Day): 8.2M (-26.8%)

Weekend 4 (4-Day): 10.1M (-6.6%) cum 102.2M

Weekend 5: 2.8M (-64.2%) cum 106.6M

Weekend 6: 1.9M (-28.2%) cum 109.6M

DOM: 112.536M (3.349x)

WW: 207.521M (45.8% foreign share)

Ugh. Animators weren't paid for OT and some were threatened with termination if they weren't willing to work free extra hours.

It always sucks when companies don't treat employees decently. Unfortunately this happens all too often in animation and VFX (who aren't unionized). At least Annapurna sounds like they stepped up to do the right thing.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-shit

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Ugh. Animators weren't paid for OT and some were threatened with termination if they weren't willing to work free extra hours.

It always sucks when companies don't treat employees decently. Unfortunately this happens all too often in animation and VFX (who aren't unionized). At least Annapurna sounds like they stepped up to do the right thing.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/80148/sausage-partys-animators-were-treated-like-shit

This is why it kind of annoys me when people complain about budgets being too big. They don't consider where studios would cut if they tried to lower them.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

That is terrible. 

46 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Welp... now I feel kinda bad for giving the directors a lot of credit.

Wonder if they'll move production for the sequel if this news blows up.

51 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

It's interesting that it happened at Nitrogen but not Imageworks who I assume is unionised. The directors don't across well at all. 

7 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

This is why it kind of annoys me when people complain about budgets being too big. They don't consider where studios would cut if they tried to lower them.

It's the reason why apart from Disney, DWA and Pixar why animation has moved to places outside of California as it's a lot cheaper and also the tax credits can be a big incentive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

And half of them weren't even credited. My artist and animator friends are not happy about this. 

I'll probably skip on seeing it, now. 

• Like 8

half of them weren't even credited. My artist and animator friends are not happy about this.

Don't let behind the scenes news stop you from seeing the movie, its not like if you don't go those people will end up getting paid more money.

Their names will likely be put on the dvd release anyway, since I imagine the studio wouldn't want to deal with that bad PR.

Edited by Mojoguy

33 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

And half of them weren't even credited. My artist and animator friends are not happy about this. 

Even when you work on student freebies, credit is expected. 

On VFX movies, often a house is given only a certain number of credits, just so the crawl doesn't run for 20 minutes, but that's a different situation. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

This is disgusting.

On VFX movies, often a house is given only a certain number of credits, just so the crawl doesn't run for 20 minutes, but that's a different situation.

Who cares how long credits last? Don't 99% of the audience (MCU movies being the exceptions) leave when the credits come on?

• Community Manager
20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Who cares how long credits last? Don't 99% of the audience (MCU movies being the exceptions) leave when the credits come on?

Well the longer the credits are, the more time it takes for the next screening to start at the local theater. :ph34r: