Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Weta is probably still trying to figure out how much terabytes and CPU amount they will need to render whatever crazy visuals Cameron have in his mind while preventing the massive renderfarm(s) to catch fire by overheating as a result of calculating such complex CG sequences in 3d at a higher frame rate and higher resolution.

Knowing Cameron, he'd probably ask them now to create the whole Pandora planet including the oceans and underwater fauna/tribes so he can move his virtual camera wherever he wants like a traveler at every corner of the planet as he sees fit and lay out all his trilogy set pieces in one go like a giant playable sandbox or a MMPORPG.

Safe to say that 99% of VFX companies throughout the world will work on this (the 1% left will kill to have a gig) to achieve whatever deadlines they set themselves.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 1

This movie is going to have some of the most outrageous box office predictions to the point where there's no way you're not going to be letdown in the end... I mean, this movie is 2 years away and I wouldn't doubt if it get's pushed back a year... That'll make it 9 years since the 1st movie and that's a long time.. I don't care if Cameron's making it or not..

The positive thing about the time in between is that the technology should get better and better, which is a big factor in this type of movie.

I hope Cameron doesn't have a gimmick for A2. Just give us good, solid storytelling with amazing action.

True. He was so ambitious with Avatar 1, I'd like to see the rest of this universe. New planets, new characters, new flora and fauna. I don't really need the flash and gimmick. He did so much establish Avatar, theres no way you set it all on Pandora. I want new worlds and new adventure.

Don't worry about all the 4D and 200fps and smell-o-vision, etc, just gimme what you spent over a decade setting up and what I'm spending a decade waiting on.

Aliens and Terminator 2 both came 7 years after the original films.

Aliens did sell like 25% less tickets than Alien. Plus T2 was helped massively because Arnold was at his peak when it came out. 7 years earlier he wasn't a household name or a star really.

Aliens did sell like 25% less tickets than Alien. Plus T2 was helped massively because Arnold was at his peak when it came out. 7 years earlier he wasn't a household name or a star really.

Also while the first Terminator was profitable, it wasn't some hugely successful blockbuster either. A spike in ticket sales for a sequel, back in 1991, was a no-brainer.

Edited by Furiousarcher

That will take 12 years... remember Titanic and Avatar?

Only director in history to do back to back world breakers that are untouchable in one run!!!

Amen... Im all for Cameron taking his time with the apes writers.. Im going to be sad though when the Avatar saga has ended, but Battle Angel willl wow us like never before if Cameron has something to say about it!!

True. He was so ambitious with Avatar 1, I'd like to see the rest of this universe. New planets, new characters, new flora and fauna. I don't really need the flash and gimmick. He did so much establish Avatar, theres no way you set it all on Pandora. I want new worlds and new adventure.

Don't worry about all the 4D and 200fps and smell-o-vision, etc, just gimme what you spent over a decade setting up and what I'm spending a decade waiting on.

Cameron doesnt let new writers in his Avatar circle indeed if the story wont be phenomenal.. I also want to see what he can pull off with 3D

and any new tech as well. Give it to us all. Just like Terminator 2 , Titanic and Avatar I baby. Im greedy. I laugh at folks who hate and say

Avatar didnt have a good story, a film without a great story doesnt make 60-90+ yr olds cry.. ROFL or have 2nd weekend drop of 10% lol

I think the story of Jake and Sully and Nefertari roped most of us movie fans in. :)

Wonder what will happen if Juggernaut 2 beats Avatar 1 by 100-150+M Domestically and beats the  just Singularity level Power of BO might of OS tally of Avatar by over

1 over 800M :).. I feel a 3B+ perhaps not even 4B is out of the question.. Films by Cameron, especially sequels always

derail his previous work. Also he didnt direct the first aliens..lol Its still the biggest one on the HV front, critical acclaim  and awards front gang.

When you entire another mans film arena and make a film far superior than the creator of it all... Your at a whole new level

of movie making above the rest.

yeah i don't really understand why he's not making another new original movie especially since it's taking this long

Maybe because the first film made as much as the entire LOTR franchise just from the BO alone lol.

And the next one will likely make even more at the BO and billions more from merchandising and collector  markets, videogames etc.

Lol, when one movie can gross as much as 1 -2 giant sagas, your going to take your time to finish out the rest of it.

.. Avatar 1 also made the amount of 4 HP films at the BO. HP1-4 pretty much. Wow!

Also while the first Terminator was profitable, it wasn't some hugely successful blockbuster either. A spike in ticket sales for a sequel, back in 1991, was a no-brainer.

James Cameron and the company that help finance Termiantor 2 , from just the new CGI model T-1000, the behind the scenes and all the build up and the talent of James Cameron combined with Arnold being back in this iconic role made it the must see film of 1991. And the writing

and creative and visual genius of Cameron and the late Stan Winston took care of the rest my archer.

Terminator 2 is right there on most peoples list of greatest sequels of all time... Cant imagine what James will do will nearly unlimited funds,

technology is crazy right now and working with the Planet of the Ape writer combined in his own genius and the Music of James Horner all in one crazy ass melting pot. This could be a bold new world for Box office again Arch :)

• Like 1

Terminator 2 is on my list of the greatest sequels ever, and probably my favorite James Cameron film ever. The action and special effects are just plain fantastic.

It also gives me some hope for Avatar 2, since James Cameron is quite capable of making good sequels that deliver.

Edited by Furiousarcher
  • Like 1