Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

The quickest Cameron ever worked was earlier in his career, when he wasn't doing the intensive world-building that he's done with AVATAR (and, to a lesser extent, with TITANIC).

86-89-91-94-97... basically two to three years between movies. But that's a pretty grueling pace for huge action blockbusters that have a long and complicated production schedule (and a long post schedule too), and it's understandable that he'd want to slow down and spend some time on his family and other non-industry interests.

Eastwood basically has a very laid-back style, he shoots very quickly and he likes to wrap days as early as possible. That's one reason he's able to be so productive.

T2 was done super fast, less than a year, without a script.

Pandora in the first film is the best fictional world ever realized in film, and it's not even close. That is the reason Avatar succeeds like it does, why it was huge in the first place, and why I still find it a captivating watch. All he has to do is show me more of that fantastic place and I'm happy. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Pandora in the first film is the best fictional world ever realized in film, and it's not even close. That is the reason Avatar succeeds like it does, why it was huge in the first place, and why I still find it a captivating watch. All he has to do is show me more of that fantastic place and I'm happy. 

I completely agree. That is why I've always preferred this introduction to Pandora over the official trailer.

3 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

The ones I see at the 2nd time buy back stores, those blu rays that people have chucked. 

I don't know anyone that still owns Avatar on DVD/BR. 

90% the people could chuck the crappiest spiderman film and there would still be more preowned Avatar copies even with just 1% of copies being chucked.

I don't know anyone who doesn't own Avatar on BR.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

90% the people could chuck the crappiest spiderman film and there would still be more preowned Avatar copies even with just 1% of copies being chucked.

I don't know anyone who doesn't own Avatar on BR.

Funny, Spider-man has outsold Avatar on DVD though.  

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

Funny, Spider-man has outsold Avatar on DVD though.  

Watching the most beautiful cinematic experience of all time on your 240p DVD player, give me a break.

Baumer Fett swaps to off a Star Wars Avatar as soon as Avatar's dailys overtake that of TFA.

^^^^

LOL! Touche! 

Personally of course. 

A guy I used to work with bought it and had a viewing party at his place on his 60" Flat screen. I didn't really like the movie, other than the visuals, in the cinema. It was too obvious how bland and cardboard the characters were that I was leery. Still, I went for the social aspect. There were 8/9 of us, a few girlfriends who'd never seen it and bottom line, except for one guy(not even the guy hosting) agreed it just didn't hold up. For me it became a larger let down. Before I lost touch with the former co-worker he had sold his Avatar movie. 

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

Are you trying to channel Kal?

I don't really know what you are trying to say.

Your forum Avatar has swapped away from the yoda one on the day that Avatar's daily gross overtook SWS. I'm pretty sure it made sense the first time!

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Your forum Avatar has swapped away from the yoda one on the day that Avatar's daily gross overtook SWS. I'm pretty sure it made sense the first time!

It was a Christmas/holiday deal. We're all switching back to our normal avatars at our own pace. It's not related to AVATAR at all. :lol: 

Just now, DMan7 said:

SO if every Avatar is going to introduce a new technology to create a greater and unique movie going experience for the audience, which Avatar would I have to wait for to get virtual reality?

You can think of the Avatar 2-4 as the same technologically, they're being filmed at the same time.