Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Aliens and T2 both took 7 years. Don't let the MCU putting out 10 sequels a year or whatever they're at now make you think Jim should follow the same pattern. 

If Jim put out films it may even be possible that he put out a mediocre one, which I thought to be impossible. Still better than 10 bad ones tho lol

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

These sequels are fucked. They are coming out too late so now SW owns December slot that I'm sure Fox was eyeing for Avatar, considering how lucrative it turned out for the first movie. They need to deliver something really special to renew interest. 

I don't think you will find many in here that are worried about this, I'm confident it will be better than the first.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't think you will find many in here that are worried about this, I'm confident it will be better than the first.

That for sure. First one had un-envious task of setting up the story, universe and introducing characters. pretty much how TFA had to go rather pedestrian route to do the same. But sequels are where things should get interesting and break from predictable.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

That for sure. First one had un-envious task of setting up the story, universe and introducing characters. pretty much how TFA had to go rather pedestrian route to do the same. But sequels are where things should get interesting and break from predictable.

TFA forgot to walk at all but I understand your comparison!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

These sequels are fucked. They are coming out too late so now SW owns December slot that I'm sure Fox was eyeing for Avatar, considering how lucrative it turned out for the first movie. They need to deliver something really special to renew interest. 

Just like Titanic and the first Avatar were fucked too right? ;) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

When is T2 3D coming out? I'm holding off on rewatching T2 and it's hard!

No release date yet I'm not sure myself. Feb 17th the 3D restoration is getting shown at a film festival, so hopefully sometime before June.

• Like 1

Anyone catch this little nugget at the end of Deadline's exclusive Cameron/Terminator scoop? 

"Cameron is booked for four Avatar sequels, to shoot two at a time."

That little detail is new, isn't it? 

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Anyone catch this little nugget at the end of Deadline's exclusive Cameron/Terminator scoop? 

"Cameron is booked for four Avatar sequels, to shoot two at a time."

That little detail is new, isn't it? 

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

Huh interesting, good spot.

Shooting 4 at once seemed too silly, considering Jim may change his mind on a lot of things.