Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

Can't wait to see a the movie in the new 10d experience theatre where I have to hold my breath underwater and look at the screen to get the ultimate new view of the next Avatar.

10D will be sending signals directly to the brain to trigger endorphin releases, no doubt it will be Jim who pioneers this.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I grew up on Star Wars so memes aside Disney did actually ruin something I like.

For me I fell out of love with SW when I saw the phantom menace at midnight. Then Disney kidnapped it and shot it in the head... the prequels are masterpieces in comparison

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pure Spirit said:

For me I fell out of love with SW when I saw the phantom menace at midnight. Then Disney kidnapped it and shot it in the head... the prequels are masterpieces in comparison

I was a kid so I was TPM's target audience and I loved it, so all 6 were good for me.

• Like 1

Nothing anyone does now will make all fans of SW be happy all the time (short of creating a time machine, bringing back Fisher, Ford, and Hammil when they were young and hot, and making new films starring those three characters battling Vader and trying to destroy Death Stars ad nauseaum). And even that I bet would still get gripes from half of the SW fandom.

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, feasby007 said:

Wait wtf?

I thought you're like 40 years old or something though :kitschjob:

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

What gave you that impression? I'm late twenties

It's possible they were confusing you with me? I'm well over 40 :lol:

49 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Does anyone read this shit article ? I don't understand why people with no vision try to explain masterpiece of JC.

http://observer.com/2018/06/box-office-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-avengers-4-avatar-2/

Why The Sequel Won’t Measure Up: Like Jurassic World, the original Avatar is… not good; I would have much rather preferred that unobtanium remain unobtainable. It deserves credit for pushing the boundaries of visual filmmaking, but the 3D CGI era has become old hat at this point; there’s a reason Alice: Through the Looking Glass flopped. More important, though, is the perception of the sequel, which Cameron has been promising for almost a decade and has yet to deliver. Fans get antsy easily and even though the delay is because his visionary imagination outstrips technological capability, it’s going to be hard to generate the same level of interest 11 years after the first movie hit theaters.

There’s nothing wrong with not matching the most successful film of all time, and 20th Century Fox—and fans—shouldn’t be expecting it to do so. However, with a total $1 billion budget for the next four sequels, the studio better hope it comes close.

This is fluff of the maximum order.

"I didn't like Avatar 2 and it's 11 years after the first"

Thanks for that insight.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's possible they were confusing you with me? I'm well over 40 :lol:

I don't even know anymore. I think I just thought both of you were over 40, not entirely sure why.

With Disney likely taking over from fox I'm worried Avatar might directly fund remakes worse than the originals and the MCU/Nu-Wars

1) How much of Avatar  sequel profits go to Lightstorm/Jim?

2) Who gets the money for Merchandise sales?

3) Who owns the rights to Avatar (I assumed it was Jim)?

4) Will Disney be able to release crappy Avatar spinoffs or continuations not by Jim?

Edited by IronJimbo

54 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

With Disney likely taking over from fox I'm worried Avatar might directly fund remakes worse than the originals and the MCU/Nu-Wars

4) Will Disney be able to release crappy Avatar spinoffs or continuations not by Jim?

I'd hope Jim has the rights to any movies totally locked down. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I think that Disney will get quite a big share (like half)

I guess mostly Disney will get the money.

I guess Jim continues to own them, if Fox does, than of course Disney would do in the future.

No idea, that is mainly based on 3)

• Like 1