Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Cameron IS a genius, a real one.

His IQ is probably non measurable.

That s why he mainly brought misery on set of his films, when you are a genius and see and undestand too much, you are convinced you are surrounded by morons.

Thats probably how he felt all his life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron IS a genius, a real one.

His IQ is probably non measurable.

That s why he mainly brought misery on set of his films, when you are a genius and see and undestand too much, you are convinced you are surrounded by morons.

Thats probably how he felt all his life.

This is what I try and get across to people. The man is an actual polymath da Vinci tier.

Like is said in that video, pick a single one of his achievements and it would be the peak of other people's careers or lives. Yet Jim still continues to raise the bar on what can be done.

• Like 1

He schooled himself about every aspect of film techniques, fillmaking, special and visual effects and make up, everything about lenses and cameras and everything  in between by reading books at the library.

In the comment of one of the TF movies, Michal Bay jokes about hiw when JC starts to talk about VFX & CGI he starts to use all the incomprehensible VFX maths gibberish only VFX guys can understand ...

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm looking forward to Jim showing up DC with his underwater scenes/battles. 

You just know, despite being all CGI, that it's going to look so much better than that Aquaman cartoon. 

He'll be showing up everyone. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm looking forward to Jim showing up DC with his underwater scenes/battles. 

You just know, despite being all CGI, that it's going to look so much better than that Aquaman cartoon. 

Aquaman is just greenscreen... meanwhile Jim's actors can hold their breath for 6 minutes (after inhaling highly oxygenated air)

Also if you watch the Alita trailer, the one underwater clip looked better than anything in the Aquaman trailer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

With Avatar and Star Wars TFA Disney now owns the 2 biggest box office success of all time in USD :D

Disney :shades:

tenor.gif?itemid=5713310

Disney doesn't own Avatar Fullbuster. They just are the distributors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pepsa said:

So we get meltdowns if this movie does more than 3B and we get meltdowns if it does less than 3B. This sounds good to me, I am all for it.

3b was my old prediction I'm gunning for 4b now. It relies on Chinese politcians not ruining Avatar 2's run though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

3b was my old prediction I'm gunning for 4b now. It relies on Chinese politcians not ruining Avatar 2's run though.

I expect less than $3B for sure, this one won't benefit from 3D that is outmoded and there's no particular hype around Avatar 2 apart from Cameron's direct fandom. If it reaches $2.5B it'll be fantastic already.

• ...wtf 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/30/what-the-disney-fox-deal-means-for-avatar-and-star-wars/#7aaa2c6f628b

Scotty, Scotty, Scotty...

Avatar's release dates will not bend for Star Wars.

Oh god I can see it now... Avatar 2 makes $3b and they credit it to Disney marketing.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/30/what-the-disney-fox-deal-means-for-avatar-and-star-wars/#7aaa2c6f628b

Scotty, Scotty, Scotty...

Avatar's release dates will not bend for Star Wars.

Oh god I can see it now... Avatar 2 makes $3b and they credit it to Disney marketing.

They might given that FOX is now run by Mickey....I don't see them moving from Dec 2020 & 2021, at least the first sequel is safe imo. If Star Wars IX is a hit and there's no reason to think it won't make at least $1B if the movie is VG to Excellent then 2022 is all theirs. 

29 Months to go..........before minds are blown all over this planet and Pandora. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1