Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Y'all Na'vi bros are funny af. Good to see you back, thought you disappeared after its release lol.

Lol what forum have you been on brother Saul. Pandorians don't run! All of us do have lives my friend. Pandorians stay together brother  and we slaughter the pretenders to the bo throne!🦝👍😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Y'all Na'vi bros are funny af. Good to see you back, thought you disappeared after its release lol.

He was away for 3 or 4 days watching the film and doing some stuff he had on. He still came back while the negativity was still going strong on here after the OW and the first 2 or 3 weekdays.

Which is more that can be said for the detractors on here who have been suspiciously absent from here for the last  8 or 9 days.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

He was away for 3 or 4 days watching the film and doing some stuff he had on. He still came back while the negativity was still going strong on here after the OW and the first 2 or 3 weekdays.

Which is more that can be said for the detractors on here who have been suspiciously absent from here for the last  8 or 9 days.

I think with Cameron and That Disney chairman having good relations with the president, we going to see some exceptions to the rules. I don't think they consider Cameron part of the problem they have with Disney and many of the American films on a political sense.  Hopefully we get an extended or re-release in china to get closer to what a fully cylinder china would bring in for A2( most state 850-1b plus. Would be nice if a proper re release got us an extra 200-300+ m brother stewart)

2 hours ago, nydedan said:

AVATAR2 is proving that some of the biggest markets of AVATAR1 aka France and Germany are still insanely in love with this franchise. It also performs extremely well in emerging markets like India and Vietnam and minor markets like Eastern Europe, already becoming top10 or even top5 all time grosser in some of these markets within 3 weeks. Even underperforming (opening wise) big markets like UK and Australia are also showing great legs. The whole world loves AVATAR. And a normal China will easily make up whatever numbers might be lost in some markets for AVATAR3. 

Europe in general came out really big for this. Will be the highest grossing hollywood film since Avatar in Italy and the market has felt real dead since the pandemic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Europe in general came out really big for this. Will be the highest grossing hollywood film since Avatar in Italy and the market has felt real dead since the pandemic.

India is looking good as well. Wow biggest hwood film of all time by A2s run is the word and will surpass Endgame there in the pandemic era!😱🦝🔥 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dignam said:

At my 3rd view i saw a group of children at the age of 10-12 who knew all names of the characters and animals. I was like WTF :blink:

jwde76ektt9a1.jpg

Freaking crazy. But these are the reactions we need to go for that 6x plus domestic and 5.5x OS multiplier my friends.  And imagine if a fair amount of kids ontop of the 4 quadrants keep coming back way into March fof the way of the water my brothers!!

I don't want to jump the gun, but could this be heading towards 900+m??!🦝😱😱

Wow with the OS. We could smash endgame ww guys. WTF?!.

But let's wait and see. First let's slaughter the 50m weekend 4 of Avatar 1 and raise the bar.

" Sullys Stick together!"

Zoe Saldana Fight GIF by Avatar

• Haha 1

@IronJimbo if A:TWOW will in the end outgross A:IW worldwide (not yet saying that it will, I still have some doubts on $2B and beyond), know that imo it's completely deserved.

A:TWOW captured all that I want to see in a big, event-like blockbuster. A movie with a big budget well-spent on cutting edge action scenes, world building and heart, with a real message for everyone - things that the post-A:EG MCU is lacking A LOT, and because of that phases 5 and 6 will sadly continue to spiral down without a huge course correction.

James Cameron on the other hand truly did it again.

I'll say that for now A3 is my most anticipated movie (or perhaps the second most anticipated movie, after Oppenheimer).

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

For others like me who are mesmerized by the world of Pandora, this is a great video.

Peace,

Mike

Nice thx for the link. I love those documentary styles.

This one is still one of my favorites.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 2