Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't England the reigning ODI, T20 and women's Euro champions? I'm more interested to see what George Russell can do next season than the England football team 🤷🏼

Fair, but as an Englishmen Im sure you know winning the world cup (the biggest sporting event on the planet) would mean more to our country than anything we've ever witnessed before. Certainly would be a bigger deal than the events you've mentioned. I know it not likely to even get past France, but damn I can hope

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

Fair, but as an Englishmen Im sure you know winning the world cup (the biggest sporting event on the planet) would mean more to our country than anything we've ever witnessed before. Certainly would be a bigger deal than the events you've mentioned. I know it not likely to even get past France, but damn I can hope

I care not about the rest of the country, an Irish Rugby World Cup win or Ferrari F1 World championship would mean most to me. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

this interation the England team is a semi finals and above team, they're pretty good. Facing France in the quarters though is a bit of a problem.

Being knocked out by the French would still be seen as a respectable outcome for England. I love the games for the pubs. When your country scores, you are soaked with 100 people's pints. People actually buy 2 pints, 1 for drinking and the other for throwing. The pubs don't mind as they make a killing.

If we do get past Mbappe on saturday then I'm going to start singing you know what.

Im very intruiged to see how much of an impact the final has on Avatar Worldwide sunday gross.

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Reactions in approx 11 hours from now.

We've already had around 4-5 and they've been extremely positive, remember guys! better than the first movie, visually stunning / breathtaking and emotional!

Where are these reactions? Or are you referring to what the cast has said? I gotta track them down haha

4 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Where are these reactions? Or are you referring to what the cast has said? I gotta track them down haha

think they mostly come from interviewers slipping in a line or 2 about how much they liked it, theres GDT as well

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Del Toro

The One Show Host (Yesterday with Cameron, zoe and sam on)
French Talk Show Host (With Cameron on)
Zoe (in GMA interview, and fandango cast interview)

Sam (in GMA interview, and fandango cast interview)

Sigourney (fandango cast interview)

Cliff Curtis (random interview i found on youtube)

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

So no legit reactions yet then

they have incentives not to be geunine, but ultimately so don't critics? You can listen to the reactions and make up your own mind but to call them not legit is to say they are being fake.

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

they have incentives not to be geunine, but ultimately so don't critics? You can listen to the reactions and make up your own mind but to call them not legit is to say they are being fake.

Nah not fake, just biased. Doesn't matter to me anywho as my tickets are booked. He's got my money

Edited by SullyJake
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SullyJake said:

Being knocked out by the French would still be seen as a respectable outcome for England. I love the games for the pubs. When your country scores, you are soaked with 100 people's pints. People actually buy 2 pints, 1 for drinking and the other for throwing. The pubs don't mind as they make a killing.

If we do get past Mbappe on saturday then I'm going to start singing you know what.

Im very intruiged to see how much of an impact the final has on Avatar Worldwide sunday gross.

Zero impact on Domestic now that Canada/USA are out, like I said before the NFL is a much bigger draw than football/soccer and it won't affect much of anything either. 

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Del Toro

The One Show Host (Yesterday with Cameron, zoe and sam on)
French Talk Show Host (With Cameron on)
Zoe (in GMA interview, and fandango cast interview)

Sam (in GMA interview, and fandango cast interview)

Sigourney (fandango cast interview)

Cliff Curtis (random interview i found on youtube)

Can't really glean much from any of those.

Cast - obviously it's their literal job and livelihood to promote the movie.

Del Toro - close personal friend of Jim.

Talk show hosts - again, it's their job to promote the movie and Cameron was quite literally in the room with them, so they were always going to say positive things.

Even the reactions from the premiere tonight are going to be biased, although much less so than the above.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Zero impact on Domestic now that Canada/USA are out, like I said before the NFL is a much bigger draw than football/soccer and it won't affect much of anything either. 

Im sure the worldwide gross will take a hit. In the UK alone its likely dropping 50% from saturday