Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Yeah I feel 190-205 OW is awesome. Heck even 160M is awesome. This is Winter and in Pandemic Era so nothing to be sad about..

This film was always about legendary Legs,, but Im feeling so much  is coming from walkups.. All those Titanic and Avatar fans who are watching all the good news and spectacle and now definitely coming in to purchase their voyage again to Pandora. 

Only 6 days or so to see the Pandora Power rise above all the rest my brother.... Are you going to the first OW or around OW2 or OW3 :)?

OW1 x3 tickets booked already, 1 a day :) meet you on pandora

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Correct. Also to point out that if Endgame had ATWOW current ATP in China, that would amount to roughly $880M. Obviously this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

1 hour ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Correct. Also to point out that if Endgame had ATWOW current ATP in China, that would amount to roughly $880M. Obviously this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

Jeez I heard you the first time!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Understandable. If exchange rates were like 2009, and if COVID wasn’t a thing, I’d be with you on the $3.5-4.5B wagon but there are a LOT of headwinds in the market that will affect this run. Some things even JC can’t get around 🥲

Truth Brother XXR, But remember assuming people love this movie and continue to rewatch.. that could make up for the Pandemic Loss in attendance.   So there are definite variables that can help get to those numbers.. Especially if major territorries go wild for it and China goes to 800M or far better.  The depression of it all may also fuel rapid revisits actually , if this is truly a far grander escape with the water Surround 3D technology and much more of Pandoras Playground to explore.

55 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

OW1 x3 tickets booked already, 1 a day :) meet you on pandora

Hah hah Jealous my friend. I may just have to try hard to get an OW1 ticket lol.. But no so crowded Ill likely get one on OW 2 :)...

Im sure your going back for more so we will definitely be sailing on those  majestic Pandora Ocean Beasts together with NCsoft, Stuart, The Maggie, Kayom and all our Pandorians.....

Aeywah hears us calling and has unleashed the China Waters and Domestic for a Tour De  Force!!!

IT IS AVATAR 2 DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL  REIGN YET AGAIN!!!:D

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

5 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Well i do think it will get 5x legs, but one thing that is 100% certain is that 4x legs are locked.

So we can times the OW by 4 and know thats what its getting at least!.

Praise my brothers and sisters!.

Glorius Times ahead and definitely aint no one will be disappointed as long as we crush Maverick and NWH WW.

But I think we could just beat both Domestically by a very large margin(just need a 5.5-6x on a great OW) and just a little extra attendance in Avatar 2s top markets and China. :)..   Definitely Agree with the reviews and people in awe  from just one showing.. We got a 4X Lock my brother... 

Black Adam and  DS2  Came in Soft  , and now Pandora will chew them up and use  their EYES for Ju Ju Beans :-O!!

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

And it's christmas, 5x isn't exactly shocking this time of year for more backloaded movies with great WOM 

Yes i know is hard to see a movie opening with 160-170M as backloaded, but still the data is suggesting this.

Thomas we will Teach them our Ways!  

" LETS GET IT DONE!" -JAKE SULLY!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Is that really all Endgame got in China?, damn.

I have A2 beating it then, and by quite a margin.

Yes indeed.. quite a successful number for End Game in China.

Startled me too lol. Shoot I was expecting 400M for it.. Great Googly Moogly!! 

We'll Show em the Avatar BO Ways Though...

(Avatar 2 Reign continues in China as the Film surpasses 800M in China will be the headlines)

--" LETS GET  IT DONE!"  :)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

5 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

I bought 2 tickets.

1 for Friday(Digital 2D)and 1 for Saturday in 3D.

Nice :).     I'll  likely be trying to get 2-3 tickets for  4DX or IMax  for OW 2(But Im so tempted to try for the crowded Dec 16th. Just too crazy though--I want to enjoy my first viewing-So OW 2 or 3 for me)

Cant wait to see your review Brother Efiates76 and I will meet you on Pandora with Jimbo and Brother Stewart lol

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

9 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Get ready everyone! Tomorrow I will be posting our ATWOW Domestic Opening Weekend Contest!!

Nice XXR 4 :).. 

Collider reports Avatar 4DX is so amazing Fox and Cameron designed special posters for it lol

:D. Definitely see viewings in 4DX and Digital Laser Imax if you can XXR and everyone :)... 

And look fwd to entering. 

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

I disagree, Maverick is a well-written character here with a good character arc and personal conflict. Rooster is about as well written as he should be here. The rest are not supposed to be anything more than likable supporting cast with one or two identifiable traits, I'd argue John Hamm's character is a bit more complex than that by the end of the movie, The script is fully focused on Maverick and his relationship with Rooster, the rest just support this story and they are not supposed to be super deep three-dimensional characters, the movie is not about them. It's a good story about complicated relationship between father and son set against dangerous mission and also good story about passage of time and dealing with guilt. It's not supposed to be Shawshank Redemption in terms of emotion, but it's still very emotional, definitely more emotional than many films of its type and one of the reasons it had its terrific legs.

I have been warned to not express my true feelings towards Maverick..... So, I will keep my feelings inside. I will only say this..... When I need to see any movie with sea of emotion and great Character arc, I will rather see movies like Green Mile again and again but not TGM.

9 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Maybe but the president just opened up theaters in china  for A2. So I wouldn't be sure Cameron doesn't pull off 3.5 or better brother.XX😉.

He's done wonders in bad box office times with Titanic, snow.storms and earthquakes with Avatar.

His film looks to rise above the odds yet again.🤠

James Cameron movies don't rise above the odds, odds bow down to James Cameron movies.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I hope it makes an insane amount of money($1 billion USD) in China for the lulz.

73vepj.jpg

This movie making a billion dollars in China would actually be a pretty big middle finger to the CCP. They really don’t like it when foreign movies make more than their own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This movie making a billion dollars in China would actually be a pretty big middle finger to the CCP. They really don’t like it when foreign movies make more than their own. 

Not really. First, if they want stop it from making too much money they will just stop its run, like they did with the first one. Second, the CCP sees Avatar differently compared to other Western blockbusters because the film really made a cultural impact there. For example, it was the CCP that asked Cameron to re-release Avatar in China last year, and that’s according to Jimbo himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

not at all, if this movie makes a billie in China, it's because the CCP allowed it too.

• Like 2