Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, Derpity said:

Tapley has Avatar in his top 3 movies of the year

Cameron is going to do it I tell. The third time in a row! I wonder how Brother Kayoms viewing went.

Say good bye TGM. The year belongs to Pandora!!

Domestically and everywhere else!!

HELL Yeah!

---" Let's Get It Done!"

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

4 minutes before my 3D showing. 😭

Can't wait to here how your voyage went my brother.

As Cameron has succeeded in making Avatar 2 like a true tour of dream and your on Pandora. It's movie making to the next level.

And wow Avatar 3 is suppose to be even better somehow.

"OUTSTANDING!!"

Just now, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

More data is coming in from overseas markets and all I can really say is….

I really hope legs are good or some of these “guaranteed locked” numbers won’t be locked at all 🥲

It's shocking, the turnaround. It's not like the numbers weren't pointing to something really special at the beginning. Everything just kind of came to a halt.

At least with the domestic numbers the outlook has been pretty consistent based on tracking. International though..... 

Just now, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I really hope legs are good or some of these “guaranteed locked” numbers won’t be locked at all 🥲

Highly Unlikely. The way how folks keep talking about going back 3-5 times.

All about legs. Deadline predicts 500-550m ww opening. 

Cameron is going to make you a believer!

Still a lock for 2.1b ww 

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

It's shocking, the turnaround. It's not like the numbers weren't pointing to something really special at the beginning. Everything just kind of came to a halt.

At least with the domestic numbers the outlook has been pretty consistent based on tracking. International though..... 

500-600m OW with legs of Avatar 1 and some of Titanic. OS Run will be fine. Folks may start of slow to pick their favorite formats and also pandemic effects everything. The funny thing this may still make over 3billy. I'm looking at channels from India and over there folks are stoked as well.

Not worried about legs with a well received Cameron Sequel at all brother XXR. Pandorians are hard to stop 

12 minutes ago, Verrows said:

We will see. Again TGM did fine and this is Avatar folks. Let's see what happens.

Recent data 150-175m OW and 449-500m not including China. Not as gigantic an os start  because of pandemic but this will  have far better legs than Ds2 and TGM

. That you can bet on.

Best Wom of the year and a movie experience better than everything since  Avatar.  This means giant legs.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

4 hours ago, Royce said:

So many people keep mentioning that this movie (specifically the last act) is way more emotional than the first movie

I have really high expectations now because that scene where Neytiri puts on the oxygen mask on Jake's face, saving him and seeing him in his human form for the first time... still one of the most touching scenes I've ever seen in my life. An unconditional and universal love story that transcends space, time and worlds. Cried as hard as I did when Old Rose slept peacefully and went back to a resurrected Titanic and saw all those people and Jack again. The fall of the Home Tree was also very emotional. I don't remember seeing that in Pocahontas! Avatar's story is quite underrated if you ask me lol

Trust me on an emotional level, avatar 2 hits much harder than the first one. The scene with neytiri with the mask was awesome and you described it perfectly but was nothing compared to that one scene in avatar 2. I suggest you put tissue papers in your pocket.

The critism regarding the story is nonsense. Nearly every big blockbuster with high BO numbers has a story you could put on coasters. But when it comes to cameron people are nitpicking. Cameron stories are universal, they are easy to follow and yet are very touching. Sure they are very chliche but thats what i want from cameron. I dont want a nolan story where i have to search online what the movie was all about.

28 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Locked is not really locked until it is locked!!!!

42 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Posted on this thread that world cup will hurt it big time. The reviews are not helping it too. Also, honestly the marketing/trailers did not sell the story. Why the audience NEED to rush out and watch it? To top it off, the expensive ticket prices are not helping matters.

This is going to massively underperform overseas compared to first one. As far as legs are concerned, local movies will affect it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dignam said:

Trust me on an emotional level, avatar 2 hits much harder than the first one. The scene with neytiri with the mask was awesome and you described it perfectly but was nothing compared to that one scene in avatar 2. I suggest you put tissue papers in your pocket.

The critism regarding the story is nonsense. Nearly every big blockbuster with high BO numbers has a story you could put on coasters. But when it comes to cameron people are nitpicking. Cameron stories are universal, they are easy to follow and yet are very touching. Sure they are very chliche but thats what i want from cameron. I dont want a nolan story where i have to search online what the movie was all about.

Watch the nitpickers sing that sad song when people keep going back and back for more. Like they won't go to Avatar 2 after and during the  World cup.. I'm not worried👍😎

Love Nolan but let's face his stories don't resonate like Avatar 1 or 2 or Titanic. There's a reason Cameron's writing and directing scores higher at the bo and at.the awards indeed my brother.Digham

I know almost all of Cameron films word for word. That's some amazing resonance with his writing.

I know only two Nolan Film in detail and he had help from a mega established  IP with a utility belt.😉

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

Locked is not really locked until it is locked!!!!

Cameron has defied those statements twice now.

Lol. I'm pretty sure this is.still locked for 2b-2.1b

That's the crazy power of JC. Now can it go past 2.5-3b WW is the millon dollar question?

@XXR Tulkun Rider Since they might be scattered a bit, plus I don't know the benchmarks to look for [and I'm not gonna dig through the last 30+ pages of this thread to find them when they were posted here], how are the user ratings coming out of South Korea (or anywhere else where we have enough data to really say)?

EDIT:::

Okay, I tracked down the SK discussion so never mind that.  Though knowing what to look for in other markets will still be helpful.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@XXR Tulkun Rider Since they might be scattered a bit, plus I don't know the benchmarks to look for [and I'm not gonna dig through the last 30+ pages of this thread to find them when they were posted here], how are the user ratings coming out of South Korea and China (or anywhere else where we have enough data to really say)?

As of now reactions are good in South Korea as well as France. China not available yet. But to get overall picture I would say gotta check after OW so they will stabilise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexdube said:

Something Cameron has undoubtedly succeeded at (and that's a crucial point if this is going to be a record run) is making something that people have not seen before. This is something he always sets out to do but even I didn't anticipate he would succeed at that so categorically. I expected to see a lot more of: "this looks just like the first Avatar!". Not at all. Even the worst reviews have to concede that it is technically impressive.  This movie will clearly have that "it" factor going forward that will undoubtedly give it legs. 

How many times have I seen people saying things like: "oh nobody is impressed by CG anymore!", "vfx are so common now, Avatar will be nothing special!".

Then you read something like this, and I've seen a lot of this kind of raving (top RT critic):

https://www.reelviews.net/reelviews/avatar-the-way-of-water

Reveal hidden contents

It still echoes some of the negative things that have been said, but it's clear that this movie has something special that will garner up a lot of curious who don't want to miss out

I've been battling against this exact point for the longest time, I said this movie would be as groundbreaking or if not more than the first. They didn't believe me?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@XXR Tulkun Rider Since they might be scattered a bit, plus I don't know the benchmarks to look for [and I'm not gonna dig through the last 30+ pages of this thread to find them when they were posted here], how are the user ratings coming out of South Korea and China (or anywhere else where we have enough data to really say)?

Tl;dr  

A

no more, no less

• Like 1