Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

56 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

I got back from seeing this and WOW! just fucking WOW!!!!

This is Cameron & Team at FULL power, there are elements from all of his movies in Way of Water. Some of the sequences were unbelievable and that final act (holy shit), no one does action like Cameron, NO ONE. This movie got my adrenaline pumping big time and I'm an old bugger, also my tear ducts still work...... 

Out of the theatre rating: 5/5 

Holy moly Duece that's one heck of a great reaction my brother..

Nice. I assume your taking more voyages to Pandora

👍😉😎

Cameron will go far past the Pretenders this year.

" Let's Get It Done"

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I mean, to be 124% ahead of the original in this pandemic era is great, right? I have already tempered my expectations for this after the terrible state of box office in 2020. It was NO WAY HOME and MAVERICK that gave me a little hope that this could still do relatively well.

Yes indeed 3Bww or even more can happen.at that pace. 900m to 1B domestic and beyond  is in play as well.

Domestic OW predicted 160-185m+!

And we may get that 6-7x multiplier!

" This is Our  Land!"

34 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

After seeing he film i actually said it would challenge Titanic. I didnt think it would gross 750mil, and i certainly didnt think it would gross 1bil more worldwide.

It was after seeing that scene with Neytiri holding human Jake and saving him, you could just sense what was going to happen.

It was one of the most fun, if not the most fun time to track a movie's box office. It didn't drop more than 30% until its 10th weekend.

I also do not know why I predicted it would win the year. I can't even remember if the trailers had me sold. I just trusted Jim would do it again. 😅

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

epic

It would be funny if Disney told him to split it into 2 films, and we get 5 AVATAR sequels!.

Sreriously though, how cool would it be if they actually released this version as an extra on the home version!.

Edited by stuart360

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

It would be funny if Disney told hoim to split it into 2 films, and we get 5 AVATAR sequels!.

Sreriously though, how cool would it be if they actually released this version as an extra on the home version!.

I also wonder if THE WAY OF WATER also has an extended cut.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I also wonder if THE WAY OF WATER also has an extended cut.

Probably, in fact i wouldnt be surprised if they do what they did with the first film and release an extended version very late in its run.

Although i suppose that wont be possible with Weta already hard at work on A3, unless they had already done the FX for the extra A2 scenes.

This is definitely James Cameron's weakest movie and the worst script he's directed.  Its really fucking long with significant pacing issues(the first movie had tight pacing) and the action(especially that climax, seriously it was lame as hell) aren't nearly as effective as Avatar 1's(probably the most surprising part considering this is James Cameron).  Also, there's no emotional high point like the 9/11 style tree collapse in the first movie with Zoe Saldana crying over her dead father(there's a moment where they try to replicate this feeling but it comes out of nowhere and almost feels tacked on).  The ending is also too long and drawn out.  Oh too much recycled music.

I'd honestly be surprised if this has near the staying power of the first movie at the BO.  I can put my feelings about Avatar 1 aside and recognize it was very successful in what it set out to do.  This movie however is mostly a slog that feels much longer than its already considerable runtime.

I know some people here won't believe me but I did go into this with an open mind, so much so I even decided to give the 3D a shot(the way Jimbo wants me to see it) and I wouldn't recommend it at all, it gave me a low-grade headache for the first hour before my brain finally got used to it and it adds nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

This is definitely James Cameron's weakest movie and the worst script he's directed.  Its really fucking long with significant pacing issues(the first movie had tight pacing) and the action(especially that climax, seriously it was lame as hell) aren't nearly as effective as Avatar 1's(probably the most surprising part considering this is James Cameron).  Also, there's no emotional high point like the 9/11 style tree collapse in the first movie with Zoe Saldana crying over her dead father(there's a moment where they try to replicate this feeling but it comes out of nowhere and almost feels tacked on).  The ending is also too long and drawn out.  Oh too much recycled music.

I'd honestly be surprised if this has near the staying power of the first movie at the BO.  I can put my feelings about Avatar 1 aside and recognize it was very successful in what it set out to do.  This movie however is mostly a slog that feels much longer than its already considerable runtime.

I know some people here won't believe me but I did go into this with an open mind, so much so I even decided to give the 3D a shot(the way Jimbo wants me to see it) and I wouldn't recommend it at all, it gave me a low-grade headache for the first hour before my brain finally got used to it and it adds nothing.

So the action and especially the climax is bad to you, which goes against all the positive reviews so far (and even some of the negative ones). No emotional scenes, yet everyone is saying its very emotional, even people on this site.

the run time felt super long for you, but a lot of reactions are saying it surprisingly flies by. And so on.

No offence buddy, but you were always going to hate it, we could of told you that before you even saw it.

You;'re entitled to your opinion, and the first film had more of its fair share of haters, while i thought it was a beautiful movie in every way.

I suppose its a good thing that we are all differnet people, as what a boring world it would be if we all liked the same stuff. It still doesnt stop from thinking some poeple are a bit dead inside when they hate on AVATAR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

So the action and especially the climax is bad to you, which goes against all the positive reviews so far (and even some of the negative ones). No emotional scenes, yet everyone is saying its very emotional, even people on this site.

the run time felt super long for you, but a lot of reactions are saying it surprisingly flies by. And so on.

No offence buddy, but you were always going to hate it, we could of told you that before you even saw it.

You;'re entitled to your opinion, and the first film had more of its fair share of haters, while i thought it was a beautiful movie in every way.

I suppose its a good thing that we are all differnet people, as what a boring world it would be if we all liked the same stuff. It still doesnt stop from thinking some poeple are a bit dead inside when they hate on AVATAR.

emot-jerkbag.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

fair

seems like theres a decent amount of people this movie doesnt work that well for, at least compared to the first one, while at the same time those that really dug avatar 1 seem to enjoy it even more than the first one

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2