Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

With Batman,Superman and Wonderwoman a good story and villan..They are far more loved than the Avengers Killi..In fact if any comicbook film could hit 2billion it could be the Justice League.

Avengers has limited audience appeal, while the trinity spans almost a 100 yrs of fandom.  It will depend alot on advertising and quality, but its very possible MOS2 or JLA could upset Avengers 2 as well.

You never know how many golden-Silver age moviegoers could showup for a wild card having bats and supes meet for the first time.

Lol Kevin Smith has gone on record saying if its done well MOS2 could make 2billion worldwide.

Woah!

Early predicts for MOS2 if done right 550-630M Domestic,

OS 1.2 billion --1.7B WW,

Avengers 2  1.4. to 1.6B

It isn't really as easy as saying they are more beloved then the avengers.

The Avengers only managed to do what it did because of the fact that it essentially spent hundreds of millions marketing it by creating other successful franchises. The good reviews brought in from Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor all helped propel it forward. The Avengers was also very very well received itself. But a big part of what helped it was simply how the GA reacted to it, reviews aside the fact that something like that was happening that had never really been attempted before was being talked about by everyone. It just sorta turned into an event picture of a large scale and that's really something that can't be predicted or created.

Man of Steel 2 on the other hand isn't really the same thing. Sure these characters are well-known and loved but none of them have really had their own solo outings. Batman is being recast and there really is no big Wonder Woman franchise. Man of Steel itself was also pretty poorly received generally so that's going to hurt a sequel as well. Not to mention, that as of now the movie is still technically being labelled as a sequel to that movie not as some sort of "Justice League" thing. There really just isn't anything going for it to propel itself into numbers that high.

Edited by Killimano3
  • Like 1

Considering I have had debates that spanned pages, your a fanboy who cant even win your point once for Avengers 2 over Juggernaut 2016. So I think you should ask yourself the same question.Why cant you win one argument in your favor.. I suggest you go back to school Jessie..Be gone and come back with logical reasons next time that support your nonsense. (Putting up my earplugs where you are concerned). lol

I really don't care which movie grosses more, in im predicting Avatar 2 to be bigger so please stop talking shit.I swear you and BKB are like the same people. BKB called The Avengers and you kind of called Avatar. Only difference is BKB actually gave good reasons as to why Avengers would break out huge which we all ignored. You just predicted huge number for everything. You were the laughing stock at BOM because of your predictions. BKB predicting 400m for Thor 2 is no worse than you predicting 550m for Transformers 2. Wait no, it was 550m- 800m wasn't it? Lol. You even over-predicted Avatar with your 850m-1.1b dom predictions. Basically don't tell other people they need to educate themselves on box office when most people here already know you are one of the dumbest people to post in these forums. Most people on this site will get their predictions right more often than you. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

All signs showed TA to be massive.

Trailer views, search interest on Google was gigantic. 

Unlike lets say like CF, TDKR and DH2 the interest was not intense but broad.

I think that is why I do not think any film will beat TA opening weekend apart from TA2 as no film has a broad a appeal as that in the next few years. 

All signs showed TA to be massive.

Trailer views, search interest on Google was gigantic. 

Unlike lets say like CF, TDKR and DH2 the interest was not intense but broad.

I think that is why I do not think any film will beat TA opening weekend apart from TA2 as no film has a broad a appeal as that in the next few years. 

Who predicted 200M+ OW?

Not sure about that.

Only BKB say 200 million and most predicts were below DH2 for the opening. Avg predict was around 150-170 I think.

I week prior to release most people were predicting the record to fall. Dig up some old threads and check for yourself if you want. A lot of people also predicted the 2nd weekend record to fall before TA was even released, I know because I made the club and a lot of people joined it ;)

It isn't really as easy as saying they are more beloved then the avengers.

The Avengers only managed to do what it did because of the fact that it essentially spent hundreds of millions marketing it by creating other successful franchises. The good reviews brought in from Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor all helped propel it forward. The Avengers was also very very well received itself. But a big part of what helped it was simply how the GA reacted to it, reviews aside the fact that something like that was happening that had never really been attempted before was being talked about by everyone. It just sorta turned into an event picture of a large scale and that's really something that can't be predicted or created.

Man of Steel 2 on the other hand isn't really the same thing. Sure these characters are well-known and loved but none of them have really had their own solo outings. Batman is being recast and there really is no big Wonder Woman franchise. Man of Steel itself was also pretty poorly received generally so that's going to hurt a sequel as well. Not to mention, that as of now the movie is still technically being labelled as a sequel to that movie not as some sort of "Justice League" thing. There really just isn't anything going for it to propel itself into numbers that high.

i repeat neither was Ironman3, until TA happened my friend.

When it comes to Superman meets Batman and then Wonderwoman entering the picture, its a far bigger event

than Avengers. Your talking almost 80 yrs of love and if it looks good it will draw far more people than Avengers

could hope to draw.. Its no wonder Kevin Smith and others feel Batman and Supes could hit 2billion.

I say lets keep watch, as brand recognition makes wonder happen.. Also tons of moviegoers gave

MOS an A++ or B+.. I dont know about poorly received..The only thing folks hated was that Supes broke someones

neck..(But alot of those fail to understand  the dynamics of who Clark Kent truly is-Superman does indeed

kill when absolutely necessary)

HMM SR made only 390+Mil, BB a lil less.. I say MOS was well received..:)

The sequel will definitely increase to potentially Avenger destroying numbers.

^^^When your movie is the world's most reknown hero meets the multi-billion dollar batman,

you dont need to build brands up like Marvel had to do with Thor,IM  and Captain America.

Marketing and content will be the lone key for if Supes2 is a world breaker. :)

With Nolan, Snyder and Goyer working with an even bigger budget and having a huge amount of stories to draw on

.. The .Comic film world may have a new benchmark.

Who predicted 200M+ OW?

I think the first meeting of Superman , Batman and Woman(the Trinity) will make just as much noise and will

be bigger in fact.. These 3 are far more loved and known than characters on the Avengers team.

Avengers 2 still has the edge obviously..But there are 3 films that have a chance to wreck it.

(One is guranteed to wreck Avengers and we all know A2 will break the world!--Lol Box office Speaking..So let it be written..So let it be done)... Other fierce contenders are MOS2, SW7, Heman?

I really don't care which movie grosses more, in im predicting Avatar 2 to be bigger so please stop talking shit.I swear you and BKB are like the same people. BKB called The Avengers and you kind of called Avatar. Only difference is BKB actually gave good reasons as to why Avengers would break out huge which we all ignored. You just predicted huge number for everything. You were the laughing stock at BOM because of your predictions. BKB predicting 400m for Thor 2 is no worse than you predicting 550m for Transformers 2. Wait no, it was 550m- 800m wasn't it? Lol. You even over-predicted Avatar with your 850m-1.1b dom predictions.Basically don't tell other people they need to educate themselves on box office when most people here already know you are one of the dumbest people to post in these forums. Most people on this site will get their predictions right more often than you.

Says the no count...lol. Fact is Ive been predicting tons of movies long before you even came to a significant forums.

I predicted Avatars  ultimate top end will top Titanic and hit 2.7Billion(Lol Avatar actually

made my ultimate highend predict),, And its lowest would be  around 1.6billion.

Try again Jessie..I love when losers come on here with their garbage.

Jessie(His logic TA2 will beat A2 because its a forgotten movie--I mean the logic of BKB

and his banned friends is astounding--I bet Jessie is BKB all-they seem to follow each other with the same illogical

nonsense and spew lies and bs-lol)

. The predict is the stuff of legend.. Most here said 400mil -700Mil..Thats Fact.

Same with me and Baumer, Neo, Ballman talking about Transformers would do 700mil long before

it became popular to  root for it. Arguments spanned hundreds of pages and me and the crew won that one as well.

Jesse and BKB= easily forgotten fanboys.. Legends they are not.

Like I said up your box office IQ...lol. No need to lie. I have way too much people that have seen

bmy  great predicts. Who do you have Jesse the clown lol??

Not really sure how well Avengers 2 or Avatar 2 will do as there is no real comparison, no recent examples of sequels to such massive franchises.

I highly doubt that Man of Steel 2 will get that high though

Well thats not exactly true.. The Dark Knight's huge boxoffice with 3D would be pretty close

Killiman3.. And we all know how comic films fall to the wayside with the sequels.

On how James Cameron epic sequel will do, you just have to look at how his films like Terminator2,

Aliens.. How he turned a tired premise of Titanic and out of the  scores of films his film became unbreakable.

Then he turns a film about a parapledgic hero who jumps into a blue alien cat body to the tune of

2.8bil and about 760M domestic. . Highly unlikely the sequel wont gross more worldwide and domestic if he can

do a job as good or I reckon better than the A1.

James Cameron is simply the most gifted film creator pound for pound of our generation at making

the super epic that draws everyone in.

Folks are speculating eveywhere that this film could hit 3-5 billion worldwide for a reason

Kill3 ;)..My predict 3.6B