Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

22 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Very possible. Sws isn't big in skin, China, UK and other major countries.  Jpworld made almost 1.1b os. Swsfa is running similar to avengers one is or even weaker.  So domestic 720 to 830 m and a os of 800m. Force could lose king of the yr to jpw indeed.  Needs at least 900m os. A very tall order.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh wait you're serious

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not big in the UK? It will be at $100 million there by Sunday night. The record is only about $165 million (Skyfall). TFA will beat it by $30-$50 million. 

Also, it hasn't even opened in China yet. OS is running 10% ahead of domestic WITHOUT China at all. TFA is easily beating Jurassic World both OS and domestic. 

Please read mojo lol.  Haha.  It opened big but it's not holding as strong as jpworld.  Sure to beat jpworld ww? I beg to differ.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Nope falling off in Germany and skin and china don't care.  I meant Australia not UK.  UK is its best chance but don't expect fast7 or transformers numbers in China. Jpworld is very much in the race.  Only domestically folks are going crazy because of ford and Hamil and the OT cast.  Enjoy your domestic record while it lasts.  Avtr2 is going to eat it alive and hopefully  get a 1.1b domestic tally if we get a 160 to 200m  ow with a typical Cameron multiplier of 7 or better. If a sws can do this using so much more showings than avtr. My god what might the most anticipated sequel with Cameron's names on it in near matching tcs domestically bring in. 

Avtr2 Max potential 1.2b domestic and 3.2b is.? The world breaker is coming for you Jedi's.  Kneel before cameron the god of movies lol

Ehhh it's on pace for well over $100 million in Australia. The record is $106 million. Jurassic World only did $48 million in Germany, TFA is at $44 million after 9 days. I think delusion is getting to you if you think Jurassic World isn't going down lmao.

As for Avatar 2? Anything could happen! ;)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pieman said:

Just a reminder that most of the people on this forum were completely kissing Avatar's ass in December of 2009 and January 2010.

Lol force isn't beating any avtr films ww or domestically if ot cast have nothing to do and quality doesn't improve.  I fully expect avtr2 to double the force ww total and potentially double both swfa and the mighty jpw

Opening big in Australia.  Doesn't mean it will have long legs.  Give me has final tally there. 

• Like 1

Lol force isn't beating any avtr films ww or domestically if ot cast have nothing to do and quality doesn't improve.  I fully expect avtr2 to double the force ww total and potentially double both swfa and the mighty jpw

Opening big in Australia.  Doesn't mean it will have long legs.  Give me has final tally there. 

Again I question your delusion. TFA will pass Jurassic World in Australia THIS weekend! 

9 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Nope falling off in Germany and skin and china don't care.  I meant Australia not UK.  UK is its best chance but don't expect fast7 or transformers numbers in China. Jpworld is very much in the race.  Only domestically folks are going crazy because of ford and Hamil and the OT cast.  Enjoy your domestic record while it lasts.  Avtr2 is going to eat it alive and hopefully  get a 1.1b domestic tally if we get a 160 to 200m  ow with a typical Cameron multiplier of 7 or better. If a sws can do this using so much more showings than avtr. My god what might the most anticipated sequel with Cameron's names on it in near matching tcs domestically bring in. 

Avtr2 Max potential 1.2b domestic and 3.2b is.? The world breaker is coming for you Jedi's.  Kneel before cameron the god of movies lol

Most anticipated sequel? Wait from who? 

Who stands in line for Avatar. Is there Avatar merchandise everywhere? Or commercials with the characters all over it.

The only way Avatar 2 is huge will be due to a big increase in technology that just like last time demanding that it be seen on the big screen. I don't see anyone asking for these sequels but I see a ton of interest for Episode 8 though.

6 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

"Double the TFA WW Total?"

hahahahahahahahahaha.....wait, hahahahahahaha, I can't. 

44 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I kissed all of his ass. Until I tried to rewatch it at home without the 3D and realized it is a generic boring piece of crap.

I saw it opening night and not even the 3D could distract me from that's what it was. A big budget Fern Gully remake. Disliked it then, dislike it now.

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Ehhh it's on pace for well over $100 million in Australia. The record is $106 million. Jurassic World only did $48 million in Germany, TFA is at $44 million after 9 days. I think delusion is getting to you if you think Jurassic World isn't going down lmao.

As for Avatar 2? Anything could happen! ;)

UK was a typo.  Obviously domestic and UK are its strongest.  But china ain't big on sws, neither is Japan I believe and other territories. If jpworld falls it won't be by an ass whopping.  Avatar2 in theaters spread on the level of jpw and force awakens.  My friend you know James delivers.  Suppose the sequel increases on a smaller level of say terminator to terminator 2.  I don't think we can rule out 4b to 5b ww or more.  Are made 2.8b 8 yrs ago markets were 300 to 600 percent smaller.  Avtr domestically made 760m in just 2000plus tcs.  Had a 2 percent drop for weekend 2. Lol I'm wondering how many of these inflation fueled and OT helped numbers are going to fall in 2017*  note sws also snuck the Cameron date to steal some of the otherworldly love James Cameron projects bring in.  Heh

How much you expect Disney's marketing push in China and sk and others will tally? 

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

UK was a typo.  Obviously domestic and UK are its strongest.  But china ain't big on sws, neither is Japan I believe and other territories. If jpworld falls it won't be by an ass whopping.  Avatar2 in theaters spread on the level of jpw and force awakens.  My friend you know James delivers.  Suppose the sequel increases on a smaller level of say terminator to terminator 2.  I don't think we can rule out 4b to 5b ww or more.  Are made 2.8b 8 yrs ago markets were 300 to 600 percent smaller.  Avtr domestically made 760m in just 2000plus tcs.  Had a 2 percent drop for weekend 2. Lol I'm wondering how many of these inflation fueled and OT helped numbers are going to fall in 2017*  note sws also snuck the Cameron date to steal some of the otherworldly love James Cameron projects bring in.  Heh

How much you expect Disney's marketing push in China and sk and others will tally? 

I don't think $4 or $5 billion is realistic IMO. A lot of the reason Avatar did so good is because it was new and different. The sequel won't be. Now yes it could match the original, but it's going to drop in a lot of places. Personally I don't care what Avatar 2 does. I liked the first one and will definitely see 2 (and 3 and 4 I'm sure). I'm just trying to point out the facts.

Idk how well Disney marketing did with China and SK. But I do know that currently, OS is matching domestic without China. You yourself said domestic will be $830 million. OS matches that we're at 1.66 billion without China. 

• Like 1

Kal, you delusional little boy.  Star Wars is going to do a billion here and that leaves it just 700 million internationally for it to pass Jurassic World.  By the end of tomorrow night, SW will have done more than 500 million internationally.  And that's in it's first 9 days and without China.  It's killing it in UK, Australia, Latin America and many other places.  Your loyalty to Cameron is touching but it's also useless.  SW is going to destroy Avatar here in North america and when all is said and done, it will be the second highest grossing film world wide.

Avatar 2 isn't going to hit 2 billion let alone double SW gross WW.  

You make me laugh.  

• Like 4

Kal:                                                                   Reality:

SW isn't strong in UK                                           It's already passed JW

I mean Australia                                                  Pass JW after this weekend

I mean German                                                   Likely to pass JW after this weekend too

I mean .... :ohmyzod:

Avatar 2 is gonna double TFA's WW, OK 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 3

Hey venom heres the update.  Jpw is a Lil ahead.  Of course they had china.  But we gotta see how force holds.  Decapios film looks like a big os fighter. 

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-overseas-box-office-1201668699/

Avtr and titanic remain all time kings of the world. Can force become number 3. Come on jpw.  Force we need yu to bleed some more.  Had they respected OT venom bud and not done what they did.  I would be rooting for the force to win the year.  Now in hoping the dinosaurs pull an upset.  I think yummy may keep the Dec record ow. Then again Avatar is the biggest hv seller since finding Nemo and the name Cameron gets kids to 90 yr olds in theaters.  So who knows if Cameron sequel  won't get 200 to 260m and still have his famous multis. I think that 1.1 to1.3b dom potential for the juggernauts return is definitely not insane now.  What Yuri think is the franchise killers Max from.  Cameron mega epics get 10-30 Xmas multipliers dom and os venom.  Laughing at the won't increase statements by online anti Cameron fans.  Hah hah

Edited by Kalel009Shel
Update
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Kal, you delusional little boy.  Star Wars is going to do a billion here and that leaves it just 700 million internationally for it to pass Jurassic World.  By the end of tomorrow night, SW will have done more than 500 million internationally.  And that's in it's first 9 days and without China.  It's killing it in UK, Australia, Latin America and many other places.  Your loyalty to Cameron is touching but it's also useless.  SW is going to destroy Avatar here in North america and when all is said and done, it will be the second highest grossing film world wide.

Avatar 2 isn't going to hit 2 billion let alone double SW gross WW.  

You make me laugh.  

No way Baumer buddy, haven't you seen the Pandora park advance bookings or Avatar mousepad sales??? Avatar 2 is going to hit $5b ww and cure many diseases.  James Cameron has been working on new 5D technically, and Ava2 is being filmed on the moon and under water with James' new space and submarine cameras, $1.5b domestic potentially me thinks…plus TFA is being pulled out of theaters after new years weekend, how do you think I got my $720m low end estimation brotato.  Wait did I say $5b ww, silly me, that was supposed to be $15b, lololol. And I may be low balling it, it's potentially potential to have unlimited potential palantonio.

• Like 1

Hey venom heres the update.  Jpw is a Lil ahead.  Of course they had china.  But we gotta see how force holds.  Decapios film looks like a big os fighter. 

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-overseas-box-office-1201668699/

Avtr and titanic remain all time kings of the world. Can force become number 3. Come on jpw.  Force we need yu to bleed some more.  Had they respected OT venom bud and not done what they did.  I would be rooting for the force to win the year.  Now in hoping the dinosaurs pull an upset.  I think yummy may keep the Dec record ow. Then again Avatar is the biggest hv seller since finding Nemo and the name Cameron gets kids to 90 yr olds in theaters.  So who knows if Cameron sequel  won't get 200 to 260m and still have his famous multis. I think that 1.1 to1.3b dom potential for the juggernauts return is definitely not insane now.  What Yuri think is the franchise killers Max from.  Cameron mega epics get 10-30 Xmas multipliers dom and os venom.  Laughing at the won't increase statements by online anti Cameron fans.  Hah hah

Of course Sw will pass JP WW, and also Avatar DOM pretty soon.

14 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I don't think $4 or $5 billion is realistic IMO. A lot of the reason Avatar did so good is because it was new and different. The sequel won't be. Now yes it could match the original, but it's going to drop in a lot of places. Personally I don't care what Avatar 2 does. I liked the first one and will definitely see 2 (and 3 and 4 I'm sure). I'm just trying to point out the facts.

Idk how well Disney marketing did with China and SK. But I do know that currently, OS is matching domestic without China. You yourself said domestic will be $830 million. OS matches that we're at 1.66 billion without China. 

True but isn't decapios film coming out and another big one.  May hurt some legs dom and os.  Force could drop to 780 to810 dom