Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Maybe?  Biggest hv seller since Nemo over 55m units sold ww.  Biggest br of all time.  On most movie fans all-time top 5to top 10 list.  It's definitely going to be huge.  Only question  is can it hit over 900m to 1.2b domestic and 2.8b to 3b plus os. Some say 600m in Japan and China both will happen.  Told you Baum and other loonies are delusional.  Avatar is the most anticipated sequel globally of all time.  James finish up. My friend.  Let's take it up a notch. 

Yeah, maybe...and no it's not top 5 to top 10 on most movie fans list. It's rated at 240 right now on IMDB, far behind *shocker* the OT of Star Wars and even stuff like Guardians Of The Galaxy & How To Train Your Dragon. TFA is currently above it but that could fall because that's too new to gauge. So yeah you're wrong there.

"Avatar is the most anticipated sequel globally of all time" - Damn I must have missed that memo. And I see you have to use globally to even have an argument because it sure as hell isn't domestically. 

Let's see how many news programs have Avatar week leading up to the release...

36 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol nearly 300m in China and China's market has increased 4times over.  Fox and James got to be crazy excited. Hope they do an avatar 2day around the world like they did for the first

This I agree with. Making $204 million in China back in 2010 was insanely impressive. It took until Transformers 4 to break its record as highest grossing film in the country.

2 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Imagine if Star Wars and Avatar both wanted the December slot. 

It wouldn't be a good idea for either studio but pretty sure Star Wars would win. Disney would market it just like TFA and Avatar would get hurt in the process because that is all everyone would talk about leading up to the release. Especially if it ended up being really good again. It would get overshadowed.

There is massive demand for more Star Wars. There is not for Avatar. 

3 hours ago, DAR said:

I can be impressed with what Avatar did bo wise while being not that enthralled with the film itself.  It's s good movie just not a great movie.

Guess what, TFA is a good movie, not great. Strip away Star Wars and it would have done Star Trek numbers.

Cameron makes biggest hits ever out of nothing, that's far more impressive as far as i'm concerned.

Anyway, this thread: :sick:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rustyspoons89 said:

Disney won't put SW against Avatar. The "Avatar World" that's coming to DISNEY Animal Kingdom is based partly on the new movies... They want Avatar to do well. Those enormous theme park lands (hp world, cars land) are huge investments that require BO numbers to justify the expense. 

Glad you brought that up. Disney will definitely be wanting the best for Avatar considering the Pandora coming to Animal Kingdom is the most expensive park addition they have built up to this point. Quite frankly I'm sure they would love to make this franchise their next "acquirement" if it could at all be possible. 

• Like 1

Guys, just stop pooking the bear.  Kal can't be reasoned with, can't be bargained and he doesn't feel pity or have any kind of logic.  And he will not stop ever until you are ready to pull your hair out.  

Seriously, when a guy is telling you that TFA won't pass JW world wide, is he really worth arguing with?  That's like Daddy's Home won't make 80 million in total.  It's a mathematic certainty and we all know it.  Just let him bang his head against the wall all by himself.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

And I will own you just like I did 8yrs ago.  Your the one that is suffering from high delusion if you think avtr2 won't make more in a bigger market and ten times more loved than as is.  Then again you were small minded to think Cameron couldn't do it again and saying are wouldn't be a big thing.  

Bauer Jedi didn't take his meds.  

Avtr sequel is going to have a 180 to 200 plus opening and unlike as its multi will be between 5and 7. And os we will make more than the entire was run.  Likely doubling it Jedi boy.  Don't drink when you post Baum.  It's not a good look lol

This is Kal at his finest.  Has no clue how box office works.  Got one call with Avatar right, and has literally never made another one on these boards, and now we are all delusional and off our meds when talking about Avatar. :)

• Like 3