Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

AVATAR had a shit ton of merchandise for the months surrounding its release.

I saw loads of naa'vi toys, facepaint/masks, clothes/bags/etc, I recall books being popular (both fiction and nonfiction AVATAR books) although I don't know about sales figures for any of this. The official tie-in game sold 2.7M copies which is a lot.

Not as much as something like SW (or Cars, as Baumer rightly said) obviously, but to give some recent comparisons, it was more than INSIDE OUT or JURASSIC WORLD for sure. 

2 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

When Avatar comes out in 2018 or 2019 and Kal loses the bet, I'll pm him my address and then I'll wait for him to tell me that there was a sandstorm in Syria that muted the gross or that it was really windy in Indonesia and that stunted the gross there too.  He'll find some way to spin it, because Kal is the worst kind of loser, he's like Excel, runs away instead of taking it like a man.

Your the one that has no honour Jedi.  Me I take my licking like a king and get right backup.  But as always your famous love overrules logic.  And I can't wait to take your money.  Nothing new to me destroying as loonies.  So as long as no crazy disaster affects a major territory of bet is on.   I don't think anything will get in Cameron's or my law of attraction gifts of what we want.  So 3.6 to 4 billion plus ww here we come.  Sws OT cast is big but hardly big enough to keep the gap under 901 m. Friends telling me how baumerfett cowardly took a day to take bet lol

8 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

No it won't, Kal. It won't. Avatar will be no. 2 domestic and might lose its WW throne. GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

Lol biuu it's that fanboy logic why your going to lose and avtr and titanic will stay numero you and number 2 of the world.  Avtr2 in 2017 takes the Dom crown back and destroys avtrs os run.  Decapio is going to punch a big hole in that domestic run in the sixth of jan. Deal with it.  Avtr 2 will face real competition and be respected more by film critic so as well.  Ain't no film awards coming for this abomination boys lol

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Your the one that has no honour Jedi.  Me I take my licking like a king and get right backup.  But as always your famous love overrules logic.  And I can't wait to take your money.  Nothing new to me destroying as loonies.  So as long as no crazy disaster affects a major territory of bet is on.   I don't think anything will get in Cameron's or my law of attraction gifts of what we want.  So 3.6 to 4 billion plus ww here we come.  Sws OT cast is big but hardly big enough to keep the gap under 901 m. Friends telling me how baumerfett cowardly took a day to take bet lol

Cowardly way out? You invented a fucking apocolyptic 30 foot snowstorm that apparently destroyed America in 2009. And you're supposed to be credible when it comes to "crazy disaster effects?" You'll probably cancel because Miami had a rainstorm. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Cowardly way out? You invented a fucking apocolyptic 30 foot snowstorm that apparently destroyed America in 2009. And you're supposed to be credible when it comes to "crazy disaster effects?" You'll probably cancel because Miami had a rainstorm. 

To be fair, by the time this comes out, Miami could be underwater.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

No it won't, Kal. It won't. Avatar will be no. 2 domestic and might lose its WW throne. GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

Might lose.  Dude sws 7 gets competition finally in Jan.  And China doesn't care so Disney is trying so hard to make a mark.  They failed in skin and other territories.  Let's see if they can make the 870-940m mark domestic.  Keep in mind avatar held off a domestic tour deforce 240 my Sherlock Holmes and 250 my Alvin.  Far more respected and powerful domestic run.  As has nothing but weakmovies till Jan ?

God I hope no snow storms either.  We want to blow was away in Everest possible.  The ow record and second ow record are a nice challenge though.  Still when you can open to 170 to 250m and have a multiplier of 6 to 7 or more.  Nothing is off the table for jc and pandorians. 

Cameron doesn't feel remorse or pity.  He can't be bargained or reasoned with.  Cameron's Avatar 2 is going to obliterate force awakens.  That's what he does!!!  That's all he does!! And Cameron absolutely won't stop until inflation powered, pretenders to the box office throne are terminated!

2 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

When Avatar comes out in 2018 or 2019 and Kal loses the bet, I'll pm him my address and then I'll wait for him to tell me that there was a sandstorm in Syria that muted the gross or that it was really windy in Indonesia and that stunted the gross there too.  He'll find some way to spin it, because Kal is the worst kind of loser, he's like Excel, runs away instead of taking it like a man.

lol like normal bad weather is fine.  Now major disaster where folks can't get into theater that obviously would void any bet. Sws loonies and HP loonies never could lose well.  I enjoy  taking their money.  You should have seen baumer rant about rots how it would blow things away and diss Godzilla.  Dude learns nothing on guaging impact films.  And I think everyone knows titanic and avtr are still the best one run kings of all time.  No inflation or 3d and OT card is going to change that guys.  Especially when many big films will be hitting 600 to 700 plus mil now.  Juggernaut 2 will be the first to 1.1 to 1.2b or more Dom and thebfirst to 2.8 to 3b plus os.  Force awakens may have the owner record but we will take all the rest. 

Fastest to 1 b, best 2nd weekend hold, biggest ww ow.  Best 3rd through 7 weekends etc. 

24 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol biuu it's that fanboy logic why your going to lose and avtr and titanic will stay numero you and number 2 of the world.  Avtr2 in 2017 takes the Dom crown back and destroys avtrs os run.  Decapio is going to punch a big hole in that domestic run in the sixth of jan. Deal with it.  Avtr 2 will face real competition and be respected more by film critic so as well.  Ain't no film awards coming for this abomination boys lol

• Like 1

DiCaprio film should have a 70 to 90 my own.. Potential for 100 m own.  Looks fantastic all.  Kill legs of sws it will.  Then some big alien scifi in Jan as well. Come on as fall off to 1.6b hee her.  It would be funny  with all the hype sws only ties with Titanic's original jaw dropping run of 1.8b ww or less