Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I think you can do all the marketing and hype in the world, but if you film isn't good enough for people to rewatch. You're not going to touch Avatar or Titanic. I'm not counting sws loonies who saw TFA 15 times to convince themselves it is better than mediocre.

TFA is a nice film. Nothing extraordinary...just a well-crafted, respectful quasi-remake of A New Hope. It did not break any ground or push any boundaries (it didn't intend to, of course), and it was exactly the kind of film that SW fans were expecting/hoping for/clamoring for. For being that film they wanted, fans spent over 900 million dollars in tickets.  But I don't think that even SW loonies claim that TFA is any kind of phenomenal achievement in filmmaking.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

TFA is a nice film. Nothing extraordinary...just a well-crafted, respectful quasi-remake of A New Hope. It did not break any ground or push any boundaries (it didn't intend to, of course), and it was exactly the kind of film that SW fans were expecting/hoping for/clamoring for. For being that film they wanted, fans spent over 900 million dollars in tickets.  But I don't think that even SW loonies claim that TFA is any kind of phenomenal achievement in filmmaking.

You are trying to tell me TFA wasn't the best movie ever made? :unsure: :(

;)

11 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I think Avatar 2 will suffer the same fate as that of Alice 2, a big decrease in ticket sales from a lot of major markets. Some may increase (mainly China) but that won't help. 

A James Cameron movie is an event, Alice wasn't even an event the first time out. Ticket sales will decrease, it would be preposterous not to think that, it'll still probably make around TFA numbers.

16 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I think Avatar 2 will suffer the same fate as that of Alice 2, a big decrease in ticket sales from a lot of major markets. Some may increase (mainly China) but that won't help. 

Even if this is the case (which I doubt) - I still see it breaking $2 billion WW. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I sincerely doubt that, Avatar 2 will be a better film than the first.

14 minutes ago, Elessar said:

The majority of those quotes are fake bullshit and people are falling for it.

Guys, all you are gonna achieve is people hating on Jim and Avatar but i guess you already know that... 

YdDExli.jpg

You don't make the highest grossing film in the entire existance of the universe, not once, but twice though. Without gaining a few haters.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You don't make the highest grossing film in the entire existance of the universe, not once, but twice though. Without gaining a few haters.

I don't think even Jim would believe that. But i bet he believes in aliens. And who knows how successful their movies are...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Giesi said:

it will help when it gross more than 800M IN China when the original did 200M. Plus it is unlikely that Avatar 2 will ever be in the same realm as Alice 2 in terms of quality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

YdDExli.jpg

Well speilberg did it a few times without getting haters 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

YdDExli.jpg

Buddy, it's not Cameron that we're talking about getting haters because of the movies :lol:

I think they're just mentioning that the fake quotes are getting annoying.

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

A James Cameron movie is an event, Alice wasn't even an event the first time out.

And the funny thing is that the original Alice owed a lot of its success to Avatar 's residual audience goodwill towards 3D...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Buddy, it's not Cameron that we're talking about getting haters because of the movies :lol:

I think they're just mentioning that the fake quotes are getting annoying.

A good job most are real then.

51 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea, cause I can't even tell if that's a real quote or if you're writing it yourself ;):lol:

Well Jim is a badass and has made the highest grossing film in the galaxy not once, but twice.

eLromES.jpg