Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/virtual-tour-pandora-sneak-peek-slideshow-wp-165033546.html

Asia loves Avatar, will China be the first to single region to break the $1b dollar milestone? I think so. Just watch Jim Cam make the sweetest deal and allow Avatar to stay in cinemas for 3 times as long.

Also it begs an important question, will we have to start saying North America instead of Domestic? I sure hope so, it's about time we didn't use such a conceited word.

Edited by IronJimbo

Sigourney Weaver Talks Avatar Sequels Development
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/793945-exclusive-sigourney-weaver-talks-avatar-sequels-development#/slide/1

“I think what he’s been doing is trying to develop the technology,” Weaver clarified to us. “We’re going to do all four simultaneously, so I think he’s trying to make sure that he has really done all the groundwork so when he really starts these four we’ll be able to hit the ground running. So I don’t think he’s actually… he IS experimenting. I don’t know if any of that would end up in the movie ’cause it’s not actually any of the story, but I’m sure he’s trying to figure out how to photograph an animal in this situation, things like that, so on the day he doesn’t have to waste time finding that out.”

We then asked if she’s been a part of any of this “experimentation” phase in the development of the Avatar sequels.

“Conversationally, yes,” Weaver confirmed. “I’ve read three of the four scripts and if you liked the first one hold onto your hat. It is so ambitious and it is so moving. Nothing like it.”

• Like 4

15 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Sigourney Weaver Talks Avatar Sequels Development
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/793945-exclusive-sigourney-weaver-talks-avatar-sequels-development#/slide/1

“I think what he’s been doing is trying to develop the technology,” Weaver clarified to us. “We’re going to do all four simultaneously, so I think he’s trying to make sure that he has really done all the groundwork so when he really starts these four we’ll be able to hit the ground running. So I don’t think he’s actually… he IS experimenting. I don’t know if any of that would end up in the movie ’cause it’s not actually any of the story, but I’m sure he’s trying to figure out how to photograph an animal in this situation, things like that, so on the day he doesn’t have to waste time finding that out.”

We then asked if she’s been a part of any of this “experimentation” phase in the development of the Avatar sequels.

“Conversationally, yes,” Weaver confirmed. “I’ve read three of the four scripts and if you liked the first one hold onto your hat. It is so ambitious and it is so moving. Nothing like it.”

Every hype sentence Sigourney says is another $100m WW.

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Every hype sentence Sigourney says is another $100m WW.

Such as this?

Apparently, one of the film’s main stars seems to think so as well, and while recently speaking with THR, Sigourney Weaver seemed to cast doubt on the sequel’s current release date. When asked about the film, Weaver said thinks it’s doubtful it will actually be released in December 2018 after all, since they haven’t even begun shooting it yet:

http://screenrant.com/sigourney-weaver-avatar-2-release-date/

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

Such as this?

Apparently, one of the film’s main stars seems to think so as well, and while recently speaking with THR, Sigourney Weaver seemed to cast doubt on the sequel’s current release date. When asked about the film, Weaver said thinks it’s doubtful it will actually be released in December 2018 after all, since they haven’t even begun shooting it yet:

http://screenrant.com/sigourney-weaver-avatar-2-release-date/

More time to build hype!

Seriously though it would be an annoyance, it's original release date was in just 7 days. I'm sure this thread can have even more build up until the atom bomb drops.

56 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

If Rogue One beats this I reserve trolling/triggering rights.

K, time to avoid this freak show thread until 2025 with the sequel drops.

A big if you got there friend, I bet you were hopeful TFA would beat Avatar when it was breaking American records. In fact I'm pretty sure you were.

Didn't even beat Titanic in the end! Lol

• Like 4

20 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

A big if you got there friend, I bet you were hopeful TFA would beat Avatar when it was breaking American records. In fact I'm pretty sure you were.

Didn't even beat Titanic in the end! Lol

7GyBCnN.jpg

Come with me, if you want to be. In a world of pure imagination.

• Like 1

Guys, when is this coming out? Cause I'm listening to NTIP and at around 58-59 min mark, Jason says that he's hearing from industry people that Han Solo movie is moving to December 2018. But because he isn't 100% sure, those are just industry murmurs, he's not putting the info on his site yet. So if Disney locks December for all Star Wars movies, what does that mean for Avatar? Cause the idea was to alternate SW and Avatar in that slot, each coming out every two years.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/12/episode-160-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

Edited by Valonqar