Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

21 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Anyone see that joke James Cameron AMA on r/movies? It's wonderful.

also important plot details revealed

Reveal hidden contents

That's embarrassing. Terrible attempt at "humor". 

They also state he has "five" ex-wives which, unless Suzy hasn't told us something is patently false... 

Were I Jim I'd have that taken down and the "staff" (which I doubt are paid) against the wall for libel. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

That's embarrassing. Terrible attempt at "humor". 

They also state he has "five" ex-wives which, unless Suzy hasn't told us something is patently false... 

Were I Jim I'd have that taken down and the "staff" (which I doubt are paid) against the wall for libel. 

I wouldn't got that far :hahaha:

Glad you agree it sucked though

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I wouldn't got that far :hahaha:

Glad you agree it sucked though

Its been a couple of years since I dealt with any kind of defamation case, but I think there's enough there to at least have them remove it and make a couple of the people over there sweat a little. My definition of fun is a little skewed though. 

• Like 2

Hey folks 

Got pointed to this thread from reddit and thought I'd come in and say hi, the person thought I was already on here because I was basically laughing at people using justice league as a number and so started using avatar instead.

Looking forward to Avatar Two but hope it can live up to expectations! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Hey folks 

Got pointed to this thread from reddit and thought I'd come in and say hi, the person thought I was already on here because I was basically laughing at people using justice league as a number and so started using avatar instead.

Looking forward to Avatar Two but hope it can live up to expectations! 

Welcome!

On 4/2/2018 at 1:25 AM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Anyone see that joke James Cameron AMA on r/movies? It's wonderful.

also important plot details revealed

Reveal hidden contents

yes i saw these ask me anythings i think this is the worst year yet for this 'jokes' but i am not good at that 

Just now, Box Office Theory Fan said:

and why? 

If I have to explain the joke... then it really isn't a great joke. 

People here get very tetchy when we bring up the fact other films cannot seem to even beat HALF of Avatar's gross. Never mind what A2 will make. 

• Like 1

If I have to explain the joke... then it really isn't a great joke. 

People here get very tetchy when we bring up the fact other films cannot seem to even beat HALF of Avatar's gross. Never mind what A2 will make. 

avatar was box office miracle though no one would think anything can make this amount money but then it does! and people never even thought titanic can be beaten! 

Avatar2 I think is the main competition right now or maybe next Avengers? 

Is it like on reddit where people seem to dislike avatar for success? 

• Like 1

Is it like on reddit where people seem to dislike avatar for success? 

You could say that... even predicting that things will beat Avatar or that Avatar 2 will beat it is derided as being fooling and sometimes outright banned. 

There is a lot of Orwellian doublethink around these parts when it comes to James Cameron and The Avatar Movies. 

• Like 1

You could say that... even predicting that things will beat Avatar or that Avatar 2 will beat it is derided as being fooling and sometimes outright banned. 

There is a lot of Orwellian doublethink around these parts when it comes to James Cameron and The Avatar Movies. 

what is doublethink? 

• Like 1

what is doublethink? 

The act of holding two seemingly contradictory positions in ones own head at the same time. 

For example: 

We're on a Box Office Theory forum yet people seem to actively dislike discussion around the highest grossing film at the box office of all time. Instead of being in awe of its might/magic/magnificence (or whatever you want to call it).  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The act of holding two seemingly contradictory positions in ones own head at the same time. 

For example: 

We're on a Box Office Theory forum yet people seem to actively dislike discussion around the highest grossing film at the box office of all time. Instead of being in awe of its might/magic/magnificence (or whatever you want to call it).  

i think if box office is to be understood then avatar is 101 to study. on reddit they seem to care more about marvel and disney and DC over single movie achivement though which is probably why they get mad about avatar and being number one. 

ONe question I have though is what will Avatar Two make? can cameron do it again and beat himself? 

Top three of all times? 

i think if box office is to be understood then avatar is 101 to study. on reddit they seem to care more about marvel and disney and DC over single movie achivement though which is probably why they get mad about avatar and being number one. 

ONe question I have though is what will Avatar Two make? can cameron do it again and beat himself? 

Top three of all times? 

Careful - this is a dangerous opinion to have... 

And if you take a look back through the thread you'll see various predictions. 

I personally think Jim can raise the bar again, although that's not the current zeitgeist here - Jim has been known to prove many people wrong time and time again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Careful - this is a dangerous opinion to have... 

And if you take a look back through the thread you'll see various predictions. 

I personally think Jim can raise the bar again, although that's not the current zeitgeist here - Jim has been known to prove many people wrong time and time again. 

that would be amazing! for cameron to do it there times in a row! imagine! 

I will read through now thank you 

• Like 1