baumer

What role or roles made them famous?

I sometimes find it interesting the number of older actors who hit megastardom in thier 50s or later.Examples that come to mind are Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs, Ian Mckellen - XMen/LOTR, Judy Dench - James Bond.Now obviously all of these actors have been around for decades before getting these parts and are great actors. But ask me to name a defining role of theirs off the top of my head that precede the above mentioned films... I got nothing.

Come on guys, Arnold 's career begins and ends with The Terminator, one of the most iconic roles in movie history.

To this day, every day, Arnold meets people that quote him lines from the two Cameron movies.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

Come on guys, Arnold 's career begins and ends with The Terminator, one of the most iconic roles in movie history.

To this day, every day, Arnold meets people that quote him lines from the two Cameron movies.

You dare underestimate the legacy of his iconic Mr. Freeze puns?

Posted Image

:P

Michael Biehn said in an interview that Predator was what turned Arnold into a superstar, not Terminator or Conan.

I agree with that.  Conan introduced him to audiences, but it was kinda hokey. Terminator turned him into a star.  Predator turned him into holy fuck awesome this motherfucker is here to stay.

Posted Image

Rachel McAdams became famous in 2004 after the one two punch of mean girls and the notebook

Continuing the mean girls train, Amanda seyfried film breakthrough was also mean girls

Make that 3.  Launched Lindsay Lohan's career too.

How about we make a mini-game out of this?  I'll name a celeb and you name the movie which made them famous.  Kurt Russell

He was in various shows in 60's, 70's including many Disney films no one remembers. However, for most people here it would Escape from New York.
  • Like 1

Here are tough ones:

Kate Hudson

Goldie Hawn

Ryan Reynolds

Zac Efron

Reynolds is The Proposal and Efron was High School Musical to start it off, and I'd say Neighbors will kick off his new, more major film, stage of his career

• Like 1