grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

I'm not offended by it, but I believe it's soulless and lacks the passion stated in the title. It's more about showing him be beaten than showing why he was beaten. There's to much put into the physical detail that it misses the emotional and thematic detail.I personally have found Mel Gibson to be a fairly weak director in this regard, his movies tend to be more about the one dimension physical layers of grand events, and don't really go much further. His best movie (Braveheart) was good because it combined the grand events with the emotional depth and complex why's that went with the epic how.

Mel Gibson is an excellent director.  Braveheart and Apocalypto are masterpieces.  Its shame he'll never get to do that Viking movie equivalent of Apocalypto that hes dreamed of doing since he was kid because of his PR problems from his personal life.

• Like 1

I would love to see a Book of Revelation adaption by Mel Gibson.

The closest big screen adaptation of "Book of revelation" to date.

The movie is complete and total mind-fuckery, and makes very little sense to anyone who isn't high while watching it. The movie pauses to give us a Justin Timberlake music video 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

When the most impressive numbers this weekend comes from God's Not Dead.

Personally, I feel that the Divergent numbers are pretty impressive. It has held better over the weekend than most YA adaptations, and has grossed 25M more than the first 3 days of the last 4 YA adaptations combined (Mortal Instruments, The Host, Vampire Academy and Beautiful Creatures, they managed 31.3M combined).

• Like 1