grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

YA movies are silly and annoying. Hope all attempts in that genre fail, so they stop being made and more resources could be used for superhero films and real sci-fi films.

THIS is a prime example why expanding Chinese market will single-handedly destroy Hollywood as we know it.

In 10 years time, Michael Bay > Spielberg ever was.

• Founder / Operator

‘Divergent’ Debut Sends Lionsgate Stock Sliding, What's Behind the Fall

http://www.thewrap.com/divergent-debut-lionsgate-stock-sliding

So Divergent underperformed.

Lionsgate itself projected $50-60m. Once again, Wall Street fails to pay complete attention.

• Like 2

When it got out kind of almost like it. I rated Frozen with a 6.5/10.Now people talk and talk AND TALK and keep TALKING about Frozen like its the best movie of all time... so forget about The Godfather, Scorsese, Kubrick, etc, etc, we have FROZEN people....! It-is-a-cartoon-for-little-girls-for-God's-sake!!!!!  :bash:

Would you react this way if it was a superhero film?
  • Like 3

It's a cartoon with a great message regardless of gender, IMHO.

I don't question that. And also there are lots of other Disney films with great messages. Don't get me wrong: when i say "for little girls" i don't mean it like "is not for men", i mean that in the purest sense, like it is really targeted mostly for girls: the girl who like the boy, romance, lots of singing, etc, etc.

• Like 1

In fairness, I can see how discussing it for nearly four months might get old for those who weren't fans of it. That's just the nature of the game, though. After movies like Avatar, Dark Knight, Inception, Avengers, etc., I think it's fair that a female-centric musical gets the limelight for once.

Thank you!  I've been so sick of people circlejerking about superhero movies nonstop for the last few years on here.  Finally a  different movie gets attention and now people (many of which were the same ones discussing the aforementioned movies to death) are pulling their claws out.

Double standards much?

• Like 6

I really think you'd have to seek out the Frozen love. Sure it's mentioned in the Friday threads, but then it was in the top 10 for all this time and relevant. I'm oblivious to the superhero talk so it really can't be that hard to ignore Frozen.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

THIS is a prime example why expanding Chinese market will single-handedly destroy Hollywood as we know it.

In 10 years time, Michael Bay > Spielberg ever was.

When Transformers 4 makes more money in China than the US this summer, that will be the sign that the beginning of the end of cinema is upon us.  :D

In fairness, I can see how discussing it for nearly four months might get old for those who weren't fans of it. That's just the nature of the game, though. After movies like Avatar, Dark Knight, Inception, Avengers, etc., I think it's fair that a female-centric musical gets the limelight for once.

I couldn't wrote it better myself: is the nature the game....!

Lionsgate itself projected $50-60m. Once again, Wall Street fails to pay complete attention.

Wall Street believes every Hunger Games movie must open with 200M, and every YA adaptation from Summit/Lionsgate must open with 150M. Lol.

• Like 3

Yeah, of course, some are still in middle school, so for ya probably too early to get over with YA ...

Understandable.

There will always be young adults, so there will always be an audience for YA films. You don't have to watch them, and it's okay if there are movies that target people other than you

• Like 3

Divergent looks to have way more appeal to makes than Twilight based on that ratio. Even slightly more than THG

Well, no. The ratio is just a ratio. A ton more males saw THG than will see this