grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

It could have been way better if they had gone full-on fantasy or full-on serious drama. The middle ground approach they followed just doesn't work well.

I watched half of it so far...it looks nice, it's ok...but yeah, film is sloppy and the fantasy aspects mashed with the story don't jive too well.

Looks like audience especially Christians resonate with Son of God and God's Not Dead. I'm now curious how much Heaven is for Real will gross.

Like I said hardcore Christians will eat into anything that's god related. Their that desperate.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Come on guys, there's a lot of Catholics and Christians on this board and you are basically slagging all of them.  I think it's uncalled for.  Lay off, please.  If you were to say that gays flock to any movie about gays because that's how desperate gays are, I don't think it would go over well.  So why do it to people who believe in God?

• Like 20

• Founder / Operator

Come on guys, there's a lot of Catholics and Christians on this board and you are basically slagging all of them.  I think it's uncalled for.  Lay off, please.  If you were to say that gays flock to any movie about gays because that's how desperate gays are, I don't think it would go over well.  So why do it to people who believe in God?

This.

Let's tone down the anti-religious commentary, folks. We're fairly loose with the kinds of comments allowed on the forum, but that's one of the lines that shouldn't be crossed--no matter what affiliation.

• Like 15

Okay, this is an odd observation, but I think Woodley is really, really attractive in the Fault in Our Stars trailer... but while watching clips of Divergent she looks very blah. Kinda reminds me of what happened back when I was crushing on J-Law - she was okay looking in THG but when SLP came out... WOW

Well, imo, she starts off pretty in Divergent and then gets hot once her personality and attitude changes.  I think she's incredibly hot.   :wub:

• Like 3

This.

Let's tone down the anti-religious commentary, folks. We're fairly loose with the kinds of comments allowed on the forum, but that's one of the lines that shouldn't be crossed--no matter what affiliation.

I know it's pretty ridiculous and you could say the same thing about anything. comic-books fans will watch anything based on a comic book, their that desperate. Young teenage girls will watch anything YA their that desperate. Channing Tatum fans will watch anything with Channing Tatum in it, their that desperate. Like wtf is that supposed to mean? Because they want to watch a movie that interests them that makes them desperate?  Uggh, the internet. 

• Like 3

Fair enough but... I'm a Christian, and I don't buy into schmaltzy Christian films very easily.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

Well, imo, she starts off pretty in Divergent and then gets hot once her personality and attitude changes.  I think she's incredibly hot.   :wub:

Not gonna lie, I'll probably see Divergent just for her. She's really cute

Just rewatched NYSM for the first time since theaters... liked it, but it doesn't stand up as well as I thought it would :/

• Like 1

The Christian audience is generally very under served in Hollywood. It's not surprising they'd be receptive to a film involving their faith.

I just which they had better things to watch then a edited miniseries that was released in theaters.

• Like 2