CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Too many terrible opinions to quote in here.

Pixar are clearly way past their best. They have a mini-revival if the two movies this year are any good and then we've got Dory in a waterpark, Cars 3 and Toy Story 4. 

If you're all happy with lower standards, fine by me, but don't pretend that universally that Cars 2 and Monsters Uni were anywhere near the quality of past Pixar productions. Toy Story 2 is irrelevant to this conversation as it was the first and only sequel for 10 years. Toy Story 3 is the only evidence that they could make a great sequel but that's inherent in the premise they had, aging up, a natural progression of the story. Now, we have a romantic comedy. WOW. Why not make a horror movie or a spy movie with the same characters? Just keep on making them! (Oh wait, Cars 2 already did that.)

Good for you that Hollywood is finally making movies you want to see. The Avengers universe that continues ad infinitum without any conclusion to the movies themselves and the villain teased from the first movie appears 10 years later, if ever. Star Wars making movies about plot points in movies. Finales being split into 2 and 3 parts. Sequels that rewrite what the original stood for which Frozen 2 looks set to do. Sequels planned before movies are released. I mean, more power to you if you enjoy them and go watch them, but don't make it out to be the greatest thing on the planet or they are highly original ideas or that there's nothing wrong with the way things have headed. Enjoy them fine, but either than that, can the ludicrous arguments. 

I never said they have made a bad sequel (except Cars 2 which is awful and Monsters University is pretty basic). It just seems they have gone the Marvel route. Except for making stories and singular movies they are just making franchises and looking at all their properties to greenlight sequels.

Well they are both owned by Disney so that should come as no surprise. More people want these sequels than don't so I don't see why its a problem. At least they make original films as well as sequels. This is all a great business plan that keeps the share holders happy along with the customers, if you don't like sequels, well no-one is forcing you to see them.

Too many terrible opinions to quote in here.

Pixar are clearly way past their best. They have a mini-revival if the two movies this year are any good and then we've got Dory in a waterpark, Cars 3 and Toy Story 4. 

If you're all happy with lower standards, fine by me, but don't pretend that universally that Cars 2 and Monsters Uni were anywhere near the quality of past Pixar productions. Toy Story 2 is irrelevant to this conversation as it was the first and only sequel for 10 years. Toy Story 3 is the only evidence that they could make a great sequel but that's inherent in the premise they had, aging up, a natural progression of the story. Now, we have a romantic comedy. WOW. Why not make a horror movie or a spy movie with the same characters? Just keep on making them! (Oh wait, Cars 2 already did that.)

Good for you that Hollywood is finally making movies you want to see. The Avengers universe that continues ad infinitum without any conclusion to the movies themselves and the villain teased from the first movie appears 10 years later, if ever. Star Wars making movies about plot points in movies. Finales being split into 2 and 3 parts. Sequels that rewrite what the original stood for which Frozen 2 looks set to do. Sequels planned before movies are released. I mean, more power to you if you enjoy them and go watch them, but don't make it out to be the greatest thing on the planet or they are highly original ideas or that there's nothing wrong with the way things have headed. Enjoy them fine, but either than that, can the ludicrous arguments. 

LOL, why are your posts always full of shit? What terrible opinions have their been exactly? In case you didn't notice, Hollywood is a gigantic business and creating a universe that grows with each movie is a great business decision, especially when fans are all aboard. Its funny how you express your hate for these marvel movies yet you've reviewed every one so something keeps you coming back for more.

Sure, Pixar are probably past their best, imo I haven't really enjoyed anything Pixar related since Incredibles, Nemo and Monsters Inc being the best 2 imo. The problem is, people assume their original properties such as Wall E and Ratatouille is the pinnacle of animation filmmaking for them but there is a reason why they are among their worst ticket seller despite having very strong reviews, they simply aren't that 'fun'. Im not a fan of Pixar anymore but its wrong to say they have turned shit, they've had a good track record and can make whatever they want and even though I don't like 50% of their movies, even I can see that they very rarely make a 'bad' movie.

So don't go talking down to everyone just because you don't like these sequels, at the end of the day the jokes are on you seeing you you'll likely have another post in the review thread when these films are released. Clearly someone is secretly interested :rolleyes:

• Like 1

LOL, why are your posts always full of shit? What terrible opinions have their been exactly? In case you didn't notice, Hollywood is a gigantic business and creating a universe that grows with each movie is a great business decision, especially when fans are all aboard. Its funny how you express your hate for these marvel movies yet you've reviewed every one so something keeps you coming back for more.

Sure, Pixar are probably past their best, imo I haven't really enjoyed anything Pixar related since Incredibles, Nemo and Monsters Inc being the best 2 imo. The problem is, people assume their original properties such as Wall E and Ratatouille is the pinnacle of animation filmmaking for them but there is a reason why they are among their worst ticket seller despite having very strong reviews, they simply aren't that 'fun'. Im not a fan of Pixar anymore but its wrong to say they have turned shit, they've had a good track record and can make whatever they want and even though I don't like 50% of their movies, even I can see that they very rarely make a 'bad' movie.

So don't go talking down to everyone just because you don't like these sequels, at the end of the day the jokes are on you seeing you you'll likely have another post in the review thread when these films are released. Clearly someone is secretly interested :rolleyes:

What? Ratatouille is genius not because it dosen't have a sequel (I wish it had), but because it is a great great animation and one of the biggest animations Disney ever had on  WW basis. Just because US likes other shit it doesn't mean a property is not popular.  

• Like 1

What? Ratatouille is genius not because it dosen't have a sequel (I wish it had), but because it is a great great animation and one of the biggest animations Disney ever had on  WW basis. Just because US likes other shit it doesn't mean a property is not popular.  

The Pixar brand is popular, the movie itself is not very popular outside the internet. Its no Nemo, Monsters inc, Toy Story or Incredibles. Same goes for Wall E, you wont hear much about them.

• Like 1

The Pixar brand is popular, the movie itself is not very popular outside the internet. Its no Nemo, Monsters inc, Toy Story or Incredibles. Same goes for Wall E, you wont hear much about them.

Umm... Ratatouille made more than Monsters Inc WW and the same as The Incredibles. And the only animations that ever get mentioned in conversations, at least around here, are Ice Age and Despicable Me so...

Umm... Ratatouille made more than Monsters Inc WW and the same as The Incredibles. And the only animations that ever get mentioned in conversations, at least around here, are Ice Age and Despicable Me so...

Incredibles grossed more than Ratatouille even with 3 years of inflation on the latters side. Monsters inc is was released 6 years prior, and is still close lol. Do you know how inflation works? In other words, Ratatouille is the lower ticket seller out of the 3 domestically AND worldwide, despite having the good will from the Pixar brand to boost its performance.

Regardless im talking about now, Ratatouille and Wall E don't have the same popularity as their earlier efforts.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

look, Jessie laying down "only loved on the internet ie I speak the truth because my taste represents life outside the internet (and critic circles)" facts, again.

seriously how many people do you here overpraising the likes of Wall E outside the internet? No-one, because what im saying is right ;)

since when the best movie is the most popular one?

Its not always, but in this case it is. Yes im talking about Finding Nemo

LOL, why are your posts always full of shit? *and more incoherence*

All I have to do is read one line to know that the rest of it isn't worth my time.

You are one of the posters who has clearly shown on multiple occasions tendencies of discrimination toward a variety of subjects. All the common ones included; racism, sexism, elitism etc. Maybe this bit is mistaken identity, but posters have positively commented on your physical appearance, does that make you feel special? Do you think you're hiding your bias or do you simply not care? 

I've ignored most of your posts because literally nothing new, same old discriminatory tone with a superiority complex, but seeing as you've taken it upon yourself to reply to me these days, I'm just going to say, take a hike. You're on the ignore list now and you should put me on yours too, if you're really so bothered by my posts you need to reply to them. 

Please educate yourself. Just because you're a white man doesn't mean dogshit. Have a good life jessie. 

Edited by BK007
  • Like 1

All I have to do is read one line to know that the rest of it isn't worth my time.

You are one of the posters who has clearly shown on multiple occasions tendencies of discrimination toward a variety of subjects. All the common ones included; racism, sexism, elitism etc. Maybe this bit is mistaken identity, but posters have positively commented on your physical appearance, does that make you feel special? Do you think you're hiding your bias or do you simply not care?

I've ignored most of your posts because literally nothing new, same old discriminatory tone with a superiority complex, but seeing as you've taken it upon yourself to reply to me these days, I'm just going to say, take a hike. You're on the ignore list now and you should put me on yours too, if you're really so bothered by my posts you need to reply to them.

Please educate yourself. Just because you're a white man doesn't mean dogshit. Have a good life jessie.

LMAO.

• Like 1