CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Oh for the love of god tell me they're making an original movie sometime in the next four years

They have an original movie set for November 2017, but Disney's influence is really apparent.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

I wonder how those guys at Pixar, the big four, must feel about themselves.

In an ideal world, the sequels would tank so hard that Disney would shutdown Pixar studios, like they did with their animation division after Home on the Range, and the Pixar folks would start another studio.

• Like 1

They have an originally movie set for November 2017, but Disney's influence is really apparent.

You know, we gotta stop blaming the Disney company for this. Now, Lasseter himself, that's another story.

The fans too deserve blame. You wanted Incredibles 2? You got it.

• Like 1

I wonder how those guys at Pixar, the big four, must feel about themselves.

In an ideal world, the sequels would tank so hard that Disney would shutdown Pixar studios, like they did with their animation division after Home on the Range, and the Pixar folks would start another studio.

Well, if John Carter and Tomorrowland hadn't happened, we wouldn't be seeing 2 of those sequels, so they have themselves to blame for the make-good sure thing sequels to compensate the big budget mega bombs.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

You know, we gotta stop blaming the Disney company for this. Now, Lasseter himself, that's another story.

To be fair, I have nothing against any of the sequels, the new Pixar deal (one original movie followed by one sequel), that they set up with Disney, is very apparent and seems to be getting worse, in some regards.

• Like 1

I definitely wanted Incredibles 2. TS and FD? Well given that the TS films and Finding Nemo were successful from a financial and storytelling standpoint at the very least they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Whether we like it or not Pixar is part of a publically traded company and keeping your stockholders happy is part of the deal.

• Like 1

No one has any evidence whether Disney or Lasseter are to blame here.

We do know that TS2, and we can make a guess about TS3 as well, their only two sequels, was practically forced by Disney.

So far, in this decade, they released only 2 original works and we have only 1 original work in the schedule, amounting only 3 original works. If that isn't a clear indicative, I don't know what is.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

No one has any evidence whether Disney or Lasseter are to blame here.

We do know that TS2, and we can make a guess about TS3 as well, their only two sequels, was practically forced by Disney.

So far, they released only 2 original works and we have only 1 original work in the schedule, amounting only 3 original works this decade. If that isn't a clear indicative, I don't know what is.

They have multiple original films in development. They just don't have graphic design for them yet.

Toy Story 4 plot details from D23

Before you go "Who?", Bo Peep was in the first movie.

Anyone else feel like this plot isn't an epic enough for a movie? Feels like a story that could have been a cute short, while they picked something better for TS4. :unsure:

Bo Peep and Woody love story is a sub-plot, not a whole film. How can they turn such a small aspect of two characters into a full length great movie? If I was angry this was being made before I'm more angry now. They're going to ruin my childhood.