CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I was not loving the idea of yet another Toy Story sequel, but I do like the idea of a Woody-Bo Peep romantic reunion/rescue movie. Like someone here said, going smaller its not a bad thing sometimes.

Finding Dory and Incredibles 2 also have the benefit of my doubt.

Cars 3 though.... please, stop it.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 3

Well, if John Carter and Tomorrowland hadn't happened, we wouldn't be seeing 2 of those sequels, so they have themselves to blame for the make-good sure thing sequels to compensate the big budget mega bombs.

It's more to do with how well sequels play over seas.  I mean freaking Minions and Ice Age 83 man.

Edited by TalismanRing

The idea for TOY STORY 4 came about as a different idea at first. Andrew Stanton wrote a secret treatment that fit into the Toy Story franchise and they knew it was good enough to move ahead with

Stanton looking out for Pixar's best financial interests after making Disney's biggest bomb :rofl:

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

is it a smaller production? it seems aimed just at Mexico. I probably wont understand half of it.

It'll be in English for sure haha. It's being done by the Toy Story 3 director but hey, it's original

This is confirmed to be a sequel btw; Lasseter said it's "Buzz and Woody searching for Bo"

It'll be in English for sure haha. It's being done by the Toy Story 3 director but hey, it's original

This is confirmed to be a sequel btw; Lasseter said it's "Buzz and Woody searching for Bo"

I didn't mean the language, I mean cultural references :)

It's a real shame there are so many Pixar sequels being discussed, when their last film was original and their best movie in over a decade. Get hyped for Coco
And the Good Freaking Dinosaur! Seems like I'm the only one who cares at all about it right now. Edited by tribefan695

And the Good Freaking Dinosaur. Seems like I'm the only one who cares at all about it right now! I'm looking forward to it
I've made the last four posts in the thread. Anyone who doesn't give the originals their due has no right to be complaining about sequels Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

And the Good Freaking Dinosaur! Seems like I'm the only one who cares at all about it right now.

I care about it; it's just that I haven't seen the second trailer so it's not in my thoughts right now and a new announcement is always cool

BTW, I think our worry earlier today was overblown. It seems pretty obvious to me that Coco is coming out in 2017, and Incredibles/Cars are far off. We can still have the dream "1 original 1 sequel" Pixar; they're just being quiet on the original front probably for good reason - they don't want another Newt

• Like 1

I've made the last four posts in the thread. Anyone who doesn't give the originals their due has no right to be complaining about sequels

I'm actually really looking forward to The Good Dinosaur, but there's not much I can say about it at the moment.

Seems Coco's pretty far along, too. There's not much chance of that being canned. As for TS4, I'm firmly in the wait and see camp at this point. If you can get past the fact that they decided they weren't done with the characters after Andy gave them up its premise does have potential. It's just the director's last film was Cars 2 so I'm not Stanning it like TGD yet

• Like 2