CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I've made the last four posts in the thread. Anyone who doesn't give the originals their due has no right to be complaining about sequels   I'm actually really looking forward to The Good Dinosaur, but there's not much I can say about it at the moment.
I guess, it's just with all this sequel talk it's frustrating to see their next original film being lost in the shuffle

Well, the film still has an (undeserved IMO) shadow hanging over it for being a movie that was taken away from its director. I think some people may still think it is handicapped by that?
Maybe. But regardless of how the film turns out it sure looks like it's not for lack of trying on Sohn's part. He appears to have made it as personal as he could
  • Like 1

The looking for a key toy character was already done though in Toy Story 2 and somewhat also in the original. If they want me to get to pay for this series again (very unlikely mind you) they need to come up with something else other then finding toys.

• Like 1

I hated the idea at first but I've warmed to it a bit. It does seem more cash-grabby than your usual sequel but these are the best characters Pixar has IMO and I'd love to see another great film with them.

• Like 1

is it a smaller production? it seems aimed just at Mexico. I probably wont understand half of it.

Then you can learn? 

Jesus, the more I read, the more you seem to be some sort of hyper-nationalist. 

If it ain't about me then I don't give a shit!

Seems Coco's pretty far along, too. There's not much chance of that being canned. As for TS4, I'm firmly in the wait and see camp at this point. If you can get past the fact that they decided they weren't done with the characters after Andy gave them up its premise does have potential. It's just the director's last film was Cars 2 so I'm not Stanning it like TGD yet

It's coming and I wish it weren't. 

But the very least they could do is not call it Toy Story 4 since it has no longer anything to do with Andy and seemingly nothing to do with...their new owner.

Honestly I fail to see how this is going to work. Is it another Toy Story 2? Do we just forget that they do have a new owner and can gallivant for days? Does she simply "go on holiday" aka Hollywood recasting story, or in this case, removal story. 

Why couldn't they make an original story about romance? Why does it need to be Toy Story 4? Because of money. There is no other reason is there? 

Arguing for this logic, then we might as well have an Up 2 where Russell goes to Carl's funeral (but death may not in Pixar- read Disney's- list of acceptable topics for beloved characters) and meets this girl from Toy Story 3 or Riley and ROM-COM. And in Up 3 he and Riley can go to France and attend Remy's restaurant which is now a cooking school. I guess I hate this movie more. lol 

• Like 1

Why couldn't they make an original story about romance? Why does it need to be Toy Story 4? Because of money. There is no other reason is there? 

Because John Lasseter REALLY wants to win a competitive director OSCAR! :stirthepot:

Edited by Mojoguy

I hated the idea at first but I've warmed to it a bit. It does seem more cash-grabby than your usual sequel but these are the best characters Pixar has IMO and I'd love to see another great film with them.

Yeah, I have to admit exploring Woody and Bo Peep's relationship does have me mildly intrigued. Not that I'm willing to come close to consenting that this needs to exist mind you.

• Like 2

You know, I just watched the original Toy Story again, and it's hilarious to think of the outrage that would result if the kinds of Disney product placement in that movie were in a new Pixar film. (Mickey Mouse poster, Hakuna Matata playing in the car radio)

• Like 1

Toy Story 4 is Disney at its most evil. Even if it's just ok like MU it will be unforgivable to ruin a perfect trilogy that defined your whole brand.

Pixar's brand will lose a lot more face from a ho-hum unwanted Toy Story than a Cars3, 4 and 5. But the movie will make a billion anyway so Disney won't care that much.

Am very worried about this film.

It could go wrong..I hope not.

Summer 2017 will be very interesting with DM3 and TS4, two of the most anticipated animated sequels ever, coming off of 1B films.

At the moment I believe DM3 has a better chance of improving on its predecessor than TS4 which is still in very safe hands but still has me worried because TS3 was such a beautiful ending to the series. DM2 wasn't because it gave room for more.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

Hmm? Of the both animated sequels of 2017...i think DM3 will win DOM and WW.

But TS4 could still do great...i mean it's Toy Story.

TS4 will win DOM for sure

WW...DM3 at the moment has a better shot.

Edited by MinaTakla

That Hakuna Matata bit got laughs and applause when I saw it in theaters back in 1995. Kids and their parents loved it.

Yeah I remember that. This was in a time where Disney was king, and Hakuna Matata was literally playing over and over for parents, so they got a HUGE kick out of that. It's one of the things that they loved about Pixar films initially: they were relatable and irreverent in contrast to the more self-serious Disney movies. The emotional undertones were just icing on the cake.

It really wasn't until Finding Nemo that Pixar started to get the reputation as the "feels" studio, which solidified at the end of the decade while DWA became known more for straight-laced comedy.

• Like 1